Royal Canin - similars

peakfa

Hi all,

Before we got her, our dog Rosie used to be fed Royal Canin dog food by the owners, now she doesn't seem to like the one we give her (Hero). Has anyone got any suggestions on what to give her that is similar? I would buy the Royal Canin but looking at it for a 3.0kg bag it is £17.99! I don't mind paying that if there is nothing else because she's worth it.. but would like something a little cheaper if poss!

Anyone got any suggestions? :)

Thanks

Try Jollyes, they regularly have 3 for 2 offers on Royal Canin. You could also ask if they or Pets at Home do small sample bags of other brands to try: if youre going to switch food youre best doing it gradually not straightaway so your dog has time to adjust. Both my dobes have had dodgy stomachs and Ive found the gentlest food to be Burns which is also pricey but offers a lot of advantages if it does suit your dog: smaller firmer pooh being one and not having a whiffy dog with allergies!

I know a number of people who swear by CSJ, but if you can find Canin in bigger bags which are on offer then that can halve the cost, more or less.

Yoohoo SpeedDemon- I met your hubby earlier on :D He had the delight of being picked out by Molly as being a worthy recipient of her frisbee :)

If we manage to get to Crufts this year (for the shopping and to cuddle as many dogs as we can), I'll try to get hold of a sample of CSJ, it's had a few good reviews on this forum. Everything else we try Jesse on seems to be going straight through.

I have access to an independent retailer who has their "own brand" made by the same people who make the food for those quality brands such as Royal Canin, but a lot less expensive. I could find out what flavours later if you wish.

Sounds interesting... Do share

Sounds interesting... Do share

Just ckecked.

They have duck and potato and salmon and potato.

2kg is 6.99 and it is available 15kg also

The company makes royal canin, james wellbeloved, and other quality brands.

My mate has them make his own brand cat and dog food.

His business is not in Sheffield, but he may let people collect stuff from home in Sheffield.

BTW he supplies nearly all the well known brands as well.

Royal Canin mini adult is on offer this month at £7.50 2kg bag