Sowing indoors- when to do?

gnomi

Hi all!

I am getting lots of conflicting advice about when to start my seeds off indoors and wondered what you good folk tend to do?

Unfortunately i dont have a green house so im reliant on windowsills before planting outside.

As you can probably tell i have never grown veg before :roll::D

Different times for different veg. I've just sown some chilli seed, will start some leeks in a week or two, and then some tomatoes and early peas a couple of weeks after that. Most things will wait until March/April.

Thanks Akrasia :)

Different times for different veg. I've just sown some chilli seed, will start some leeks in a week or two, and then some tomatoes and early peas a couple of weeks after that. Most things will wait until March/April.

I agree. I do have a greenhouse but its a bit early unless you are going to heat it. I do have a heated propagator for the windowsill but the plants get etiolated if grown inside for more than a few weeks and our sills on the back are south facing.

Archived