Barnsley Railway Line Disruption (1st Feb Eve Peak)

Heard a woman in a mobility scooter drove onto track from platform, somehow managed to get stuck under the train. Heard her injuries are not life threatening.

Heard a woman in a mobility scooter drove onto track from platform, somehow managed to get stuck under the train. Heard her injuries are not life threatening.

yes thats true

Hope she is ok.

How on earth do you.manahe that?! Bless them hope they are ok

I was in Huddersfield and the staff told us it was a fatality so glad to hear the lady only had minor injuries. It meant however I had to travel to Wakefield and then stand all the way home. I'm very tired but relieved to be back.:)

I was in Huddersfield and the staff told us it was a fatality so glad to hear the lady only had minor injuries. It meant however I had to travel to Wakefield and then stand all the way home. I'm very tired but relieved to be back.:)

Unfortunately she has since died. Police say her existing medical condition hampered her recovery.

Gosh, I went for train at Barnsley station that day, just after it happened. People who had been waiting for train that unfortunately ran her over were under the impression that she was dead, from what they had seen. Am glad that they didn't actually see her die. I understood she just nudged the lever on her electric wheelchair - a terrible accident.