Freeview recorder

Hi All

We bought my mum n dad a Freeview recorder for Xmas but they are having trouble with the quality of the programmes they have recorded. When they play them the picture is pixillating. When they watch Freeview they don't have this problem it just seems to be when something has recorded. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening (please be patient, I am not technical :( )

Thanks

Hi All

We bought my mum n dad a Freeview recorder for Xmas but they are having trouble with the quality of the programmes they have recorded. When they play them the picture is pixillating. When they watch Freeview they don't have this problem it just seems to be when something has recorded. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening (please be patient, I am not technical :( )

Thanks

Might be quality of scart lead

What brand and model of PVR is it? Some of them are signal hungry and need a signal booster to ensure a good picture.

Think it's a Bush 500 gb digital tv recorder with Freeview.

Hubby looked at an option for signal strength and it was showing at 48%. Just seems strange that when they just watch tv it's fine, no oixillating but when they tape something the quality is so poor they can't watch what they've recorded :) if needs be will get someone out to have a look but don't want them to be fleeced by some cowboy. (they're not in Sheffield)

When you switch the TV to the AV channel is the recorder sending a good signal picture - may need to retune the recorder.

Another possible option to look at is go into the menu - picture quality/ format of picture etc

Okey dokey, thanks for this. Ruddy technology :rant:

Think it's a Bush 500 gb digital tv recorder with Freeview.

Hubby looked at an option for signal strength and it was showing at 48%. Just seems strange that when they just watch tv it's fine, no oixillating but when they tape something the quality is so poor they can't watch what they've recorded :) if needs be will get someone out to have a look but don't want them to be fleeced by some cowboy. (they're not in Sheffield)

I'd suggest you trying using a signal booster, they just plug in to the mains and connect between the aerial socket and the PVR.

Archived