Wedding Photographer needed

I am getting married in a couple of years and need some ideas of good but reasonable priced photographers.

This is all new to me and I havent got a clue where to start.

Any help/advice would be great :)

When I got married a few years ago we used DMA Photography in Rotherham. We saw quite a few and these were not only the best but the best value for money. They are a couple so we got 2 photographers for the entire day and evening. When we got our album we also got some keyrings and DVDs and a calendar.

http://www.dmaphotography.co.uk

[email protected]

01709 530885

07906 752321

Have a look in the Wedding Group within the Groups section of the Forum. There are a number of photographers recommended there. You may find the group to be helpful in other areas too.

Because the wedding photography market is massive you get a lot of un-qualified amateurs charging ( sometimes ) more than us professionals.

Nowt wrong with amateurs but you should be paying to suit experience or you might get dissapointed.

My advice would be ..

When looking at the photographers website - make sure their is a wide variety of weddings shown .

Client area's are good to look at to view previous work.

Make sure the photographer lists their address and any contact numbers

and email address - get a bit suss about the ones that don't and just have a contact box.

Photographers that are members of professional groups such as the British Institute of Professional Photography or the Master photographers association

after be in full time employment as I pro tog and also have to have full insurance .. they have to follow a strict code of conduct and they don't just let anyone join .. you can check out the photographers through their own websites.

When meeting a pro tog .. make sure you see at least 3 different weddings to to make sure they are consistent throughout the full day.

Make sure they are insured and have a backup just in case of illness or an accident.

Make sure you know exactly what you get for your money.

Pro's always carry back-up equipment so ask about that.

Dont book anyone you feel a little uncomfortable with as it will show on your wedding pictures.

Cant think of anything else at the moment :)

Hope this helps.

I can recommend a really nice photographer used for my daughter's wedding:

http://www.glassboxphotography.co.uk/

We were particularly impressed by his attention to detail - he offers a pre-Wedding photo-shoot and will work with you to plan exactly what you want.

We have some stunning pictures to remember a lovely, happy day.

Just remember its your big day, don't let the photographer make you do anything that you're uncomfortable with.

I'd avoid the so called 'professional bodies endorsed photographers' that are only accredited by way of inhouse diplomas and by just paying a membership fee.

Good luck

I'd avoid the so called 'professional bodies endorsed photographers' that are only accredited by way of inhouse diplomas and by just paying a membership fee.Good luck

Why would you avoid someone who may be perfectly good if they are associated with a professional organisation? That is the biggest load of crap I've heard in a while.

As has already been said... check out the photographer's work from multiple weddings (all the way through each wedding). You need to know that someone can consistently deliver. Business Facebook pages as great for seeing what clients have said.

Training means NOTHING (I have non). What someone can produce is what counts.

I would recommend using c and c photography

tel:0114 2011120 / 07899 714820

the guy there is excellent and he is a really down to earth bloke as is his wife.

hope this helps

http://www.leedsstills.co.uk - They offer an amazing service and work to your budget to create a tailored package that suits you and captures your big day, the way you want it doing.

Give them a call and check out the website. Highly recommended.

Why would you avoid someone who may be perfectly good if they are associated with a professional organisation? That is the biggest load of crap I've heard in a while.

As has already been said... check out the photographer's work from multiple weddings (all the way through each wedding). You need to know that someone can consistently deliver. Business Facebook pages as great for seeing what clients have said.

Training means NOTHING (I have non). What someone can produce is what counts.

'Wind your neck'

You missedthe point, 'only' only accredited by way of inhouse diplomas and by just paying a membership fee.

You missed the point, 'only' only accredited by way of inhouse diplomas and by just paying a membership fee.

Most of the professional organisations out there don't require diplomas or training for accreditation... Many require a membership fee and assess a portfolio. That is it.

So what if someone is accredited that way? It doesn't change what their work looks like... they are either good or not irrespective of accreditation. There are accredited people who are crap and those who are good, in the same way that there are non accredited people who are crap and those who are good.

It is the end product that someone delivers that counts!