Dangerous Taxi Drivers

YEARS AGO TAXI DRIVERS HAD TO PROVE THEIR ROUTE OF KNOWLEDGE BEFORE AQUIRING A LICENSE today they all have sat navs and some of em have not a clue where their going, these taxis are on the road 24/7 with several drivers in em, how many of those drivers are the legal owners of that vehicle

Don't taxi drivers need a license these days?

Does a taxi driver need to be the legal owner of the vehicle he is driving?

what circumstances is it 1% legal? As far as I'm aware there are no occasions where you're allowed to jump a red light, not even if you've got services siren going off behind you.

What would you do at a traffic light that was red for more than About 3 minutes?

Hi PADS4,

No it is not illegal to turn right from Shoreham St into Suffolk Road but as you turn right there are 3 lanes, the 1st lane is for traffic turning right from the Midland station heading towards the Parkway roundabout there is then a centre reservation with 2 lanes the other side for the direction towards Granville road, the driver took the 1st lane heading into traffic in the wrong direction he then decided to proceed forward through a set of traffic lights that had been on red for several seconds almost running head on into myself had i not seen him and as for the other guy saying i am presuming that the cab is not drove by more than one person then there must be some driving illegally cause some cabs are on the go all day long were talking about black cabs here not private hire althouh the one this morning happened to be painted white

*bookmarks this thread full of drivers admitting to ignoring red lights and claiming it to be perfectly safe to do so, ready for the next "cyclist hate" thread

who said that in this thread?

What would you do at a traffic light that was red for more than About 3 minutes?

I'd wait longer than 3 minutes, and I dont think it makes it legal going through it on red. Not sure how you'd prove it was a nonresponsive light if caught though.

Hi PADS4,

No it is not illegal to turn right from Shoreham St into Suffolk Road but as you turn right there are 3 lanes, the 1st lane is for traffic turning right from the Midland station heading towards the Parkway roundabout there is then a centre reservation with 2 lanes the other side for the direction towards Granville road, the driver took the 1st lane heading into traffic in the wrong direction he then decided to proceed forward through a set of traffic lights that had been on red for several seconds almost running head on into myself had i not seen him and as for the other guy saying i am presuming that the cab is not drove by more than one person then there must be some driving illegally cause some cabs are on the go all day long were talking about black cabs here not private hire althouh the one this morning happened to be painted white

Did you get his plate number as there are a few White "black cabs", if so I would report him to the police and council, there's no excuse for his actions.

I'd wait longer than 3 minutes, and I dont think it makes it legal going through it on red. Not sure how you'd prove it was a nonresponsive light if caught though.

Would you wait more than 5 minutes?

at the said location you can clearly see all the traffic lights in all directions and the fact it was 630am and still pitch black there is no excuse to go through at red as you can see the green light from the opposite direction and the fact i was making my move with headlights clearly on

Would you wait more than 5 minutes?

Not really important the length of time. A red light is a red light. You get a fine through the door because you've gone through, then how would you prove it had malfunctioned? Just because you think it's stuck does not mean you can legally go through a red light. Or maybe you can.

I suggested to a think tank years ago flashing amber lights during quiet periods. Some local councils are trialling this now which is great.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12860433

All drivers must follow the rules and laws regardless of experience. An experienced person not following rules and regs is surely a very dangerous person and should be retrained and examined, as in any industry.

Edited by SportsTrophy

Not really important the length of time. A red light is a red light. You get a fine through the door because you've gone through, then how would you prove it had malfunctioned? Just because you think it's stuck does not mean you can legally go through a red light. Or maybe you can.

Length of time is very important, there's a difference between a red light and a faulty red light, so would you wait more than 5 mins at a red light before you decided it was stuck? I wouldn't wait more than about 3 minutes a faulty red lighr and would proceed with caution providing it was safe to so and inform the police and the council

Length of time is very important, there's a difference between a red light and a faulty red light, so would you wait more than 5 mins at a red light before you decided it was stuck? I wouldn't wait more than about 3 minutes a faulty red lighr and would proceed with caution providing it was safe to so and inform the police and the council

3 minutes wait is not that long to decide if it's faulty, but that is my opinion. Still does not make it legal to go through it.