Friend Looking For A Beagle!

Lotski

Posting on behalf of a friend

Wanted beagle!!!

Not a beagle cross, or crossed with beagle! A BEAGLE!!!!

Male or female

Prefeably house trained

Rescue dog welcome

Must have proof of breed/KC papers

Yes he understands responsiblties etc with dog ownership(had dogs in past)

Posting on his behalf as I have little more time to check on here than he does...BUT this does NOT mean he has NO time for a dog..He dislikes forums etc thats all.

tell him he's mad :P

Nobody in their right mind wants to share a home with a scent hound of any description :D

If he really knows what he's getting himself into (they're not dogs. they're more like sharing a home with an autistic four year old child btw), then google for the beagle welfare website if he's prepared to take a rehome dog

Brude's breeder has a lifetime returns policy, so she occasionally has dogs to rehome, as well as new pups (pm me for details, but be prepared for her to tell you every reason why you DON'T want a beagle before she allows you to have one ;) )

PS - you ask for housetrained. Housetrained scent hounds will almost certainly scent mark upon being introduced to a new environment if not introduced properly. This is completely different to not being housetrained, but can lead to them toileting in the same spot if not cleaned to the standards of their nose

• 10 months later...

Yes go on beagle welfare website they have a list of the beagles that need re homing!! there is always loads! not all old beagles either. :) hope this helps p.s i have a beagle (as u have probably guessed and as long oas you have time an patience for training them they are fine!!)

what about this little guy he is the 9th dog dawn

he looks quite stressed in the picture

he's called Fudge

http://www.oakwooddogrescue.co.uk/page_2730780.html#Lexus

beagles are lovly

strix has a lovly beagle that i'm sure is part human :hihi:

but then i'm biased i have 3 basset hounds & yes i may be mad

ok i am mad but i love em :hihi::hihi:

Edited by fabcakes

• 4 weeks later...

he is fine!!! i love him to bits!!! everyone warned me about getting a beagle but i have found if you train them from when you get them they are pretty good.. the family next to us has one too and he is really well behaved!! as long as Archie gets enough walked he is ok.