Cavalier King Charles Breeding

Hi, I'm not sure of the rules about posts like this on SF but My mum has asked me to ask on here if anyone wants to mate our male Cavalier King Charles with thier bitch. He's a lovely Ruby colour and is Two years old. We'd like him to have one chance at mating before we have him 'done'. Preferably we'd like someone who is experienced at breeding. If you're interested please get in touch.

Pictures of Marley can be found here at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.561433208983.105616.279200732&type=1&l=b45ccc3ce8

Its really not worth doing, it could cause all manner of problems if you mate him, leg cocking is the main one! Just get him done, better safe than sorry

Please just get him done, by letting him have 'a go', he will then know what he is missing, which is a big mistake, and as Peaches states, you might find yourself with big problems.

Not to metion injury during mating, infection and dominance issues

Only to echo what others have said but you know how castration stops dogs wanting to 'roam' when they smell a bitch on heat? Dogs that have been mated and then castrated don't lose that - they know what they're missing and they'll go looking, whether they have the necessary tackle or not.

Mating in itself is risky business what with the risk of injury to the dog during the tie (even with experienced breeders) and the cost of all the health tests he'd need before a decent breeder would touch him would render it a very expensive affair.

If you find someone willing to use him without papers (assuming he is KC registered) or at the very least paperwork to confirm his health test results then they are not breeding for the interest of the breed but more to line their pockets and your dog could end up associated with a very unhealthy line of cavaliers.

By the way, if he is KC registered and a KC registered breeder wants to use him, you'd be wise to check he has no breeding endorsements placed on him by his breeder because if he has, the owner of the dam will be unable to register his pups with the KC.

Good luck whatever you decide, but it's a lot of hassle, expense and potential heartache just to 'let him have a go' and then take it all away from him again. Personally, I'd get him snipped while he doesn't know what he's missing ;)

ditto,although lottie dylans never mated but my god he's a randy bugger with the girls hehehehehhehe :) xxx

If anyone is interested in using the OP's dog as a stud please pm them.