Giving at christmas

instead of taking Christmas cards to work , i have decided to give a donation to the childrens hospital, :) Anyone doing anything similar this year ?:)
last year i gave up christmas day to give dinner to 29 lonely/homeless/depressed/disabled/hard up/people and felt better than stuffing my face and sleeping all day....good on you sf peeps its nice to help others.....merry christmas to you all..............mick

instead of taking Christmas cards to work , i have decided to give a donation to the childrens hospital, :) Anyone doing anything similar this year ?:)

yes i have been donating to charity for a few years now instead

of sending cards.this last week i put £20 in the box for" help the heroes" for a guy who was singing in meadowhall.

last year i gave up christmas day to give dinner to 29 lonely/homeless/depressed/disabled/hard up/people and felt better than stuffing my face and sleeping all day....good on you sf peeps its nice to help others.....merry christmas to you all..............mick

I've been doing this for over 30 years now.............it's called feeding the family and I love doing it. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

On a more serious note there has often been the odd waif and stray find their way to our table as well and they are allways more than welcome.

I still send Christmas cards because it's all part and parcel of the way we have allways celebrated Christmas.

That's never altered the way we donate though.

I did consider not sending cards this year because of the extortionate cost of a second class stamp but in the end I relented mainly because this is the only communication I have with a lot of very elderly friends now. They don't have e-mail so I allways send a nice long newsy letter along with photographs etc. It's more like a flippin parcel by the time I've done............but I'll carry on doing it because I know it's very much appreciated.

yes i have been donating to charity for a few years now instead

of sending cards.this last week i put £20 in the box for" help the heroes" for a guy who was singing in meadowhall.

bet he was singing on West Street later on that night as well.

How do you know these guys are genuine and that your money is going to the cause they purport to represent?