Problems with play.com

Anyone else come up against their customer "service"? :mad:

They delivered the wrong gift (a toy GUN!) to my baby grand-daughter, but won't deliver the right one and collect the gun. I'm up against a wall of silence at the moment, despite sending a recorded delivery letter to their head office. I'm 175 miles away from my grandbaby, can't just pop round to sort it out. :rant:

I'm sorry to hear about your problem but i must admit i'm really glad you posted about it as i was considering ordering quite a few items (if only to avoid m.hall!).

I will def be avoiding that site now as i can ill afford for things to go wrong with xmas pressies and there is NO WAY i can afford to buy them twice if the item is incorrect and they are useless with returns/refunds.

Anyway thanks for your op, you may have just saved my xmas :-)

I'm glad you read it in time, Becky! I wouldn't want anyone else to be ripped off by them. Have a happy Christmas!

Blonde, I have never had anything go wrong either, until now, have used play.com for years. No more! Maybe it's since they got taken over by a Japanese firm, I don't know.

Oddly enough, a toy I'd ordered for my grandson (through amazon) turned up minus a part. Amazon are putting it right straight away.

Next year, though, I rather think I'll shop locally again, so I can see what I'm getting BEFORE money has changed hands. I shopped online this year so I could beat any possible deep snow!

Peoples champ, did you get anywhere with Trading Standards?

I've used Play.com for years and have never had a problem, the standard free delivery could be quicker, takes 3-5 days, but other than that I can't really fault them apart from the fact I wouldn't use them for a game I really wanted as they once told me on the phone that they don't deliver pre-orders on release day.