Aston Park Fisheries

rmjohns2

Hey all!

The fishing gear is coming out for the first time in a good few years and I'm off to Aston Fisheries bright and early on Sunday morning.

Does anyone go regularly or been recently? What's the fishing like this time of year? Any other advice on which lake to fish, baits etc would be much appreciated!

• 8 months later...
chopped worm, do not feed heavy as their isnt the fish population of lindholme etc and you will kill your peg off very very easily, feed with a kinder pot. add a few micros and fish a pellet every so often.

whats the crack with aston park as i understand its 2 seperate fisheries up there now? some extra ponds have been dug lately, are they fishing yet and whats in them?

whats the crack with aston park as i understand its 2 seperate fisheries up there now? some extra ponds have been dug lately, are they fishing yet and whats in them?

yeah its a bit weird, there is 2 newish ponds on your right as you enter, one is a pleasure pond with a big catfish in it, the other is a snake lake with lots of mixed small fish in it,these are both owned by kjs fishery,

all the orignals are still there except the split pond has now been turned into 2 ponds (the split and the lantra pond)

yeah its a bit weird, there is 2 newish ponds on your right as you enter, one is a pleasure pond with a big catfish in it, the other is a snake lake with lots of mixed small fish in it,these are both owned by kjs fishery,

all the orignals are still there except the split pond has now been turned into 2 ponds (the split and the lantra pond)

right, cheers for that. took a walk up a few weeks ago and was suprised to see the new ponds already up and running but not many people on there, everyone was on the older lakes higher up.

You forgot the small Crucian/Tench pond between the snake & the speci pond Doug, it's not fishing bad either. I fished it a couple of weeks ago with a mate & had a good time it's only 8 pegs but easy fishing.

I also think that the fishery at the top near the cafe is digging another two ponds, one is to be a snake I believe.

You forgot the small Crucian/Tench pond between the snake & the speci pond Doug, it's not fishing bad either. I fished it a couple of weeks ago with a mate & had a good time it's only 8 pegs but easy fishing.

I also think that the fishery at the top near the cafe is digging another two ponds, one is to be a snake I believe.

cant say ive noticed it to be honest, ive fished em both but cant remember seeing a small pond there, probably juts my old age kicking in lol