New Craft Collective - crafters needed

Hello lovely crafting types

I'm planning to run regular (probably seasonal) craft markets, starting Spring 2012, in Sheffield. Also still planning to run craft classes (have hit major location problems this year) next year.

I'm after people to join the collective who want:

• To have a stall at the craft fairs
  • To teach others to craft
  • To work together to bring products to market

Let me know if you're interested. I'm just sorting the markets application out with the council, so the sooner you can let me know the better so I can judge how many stalls we'll need.

Cheers

Mysticmoggy

Definitely keep me in on the loop with this! It's good to hear about more crafty markets and such on the go. :D

Are you still looking for places to run classes? The Nichols Building have a great workshop space available that can accommodate a fair amount of people x

Hi Vertiline - I have a unit in Stag Works, but its so noisy in the evenings its impossible to run classes. Sadly the landlord won't let me out of the contract, so I'm stuck until Jan with no more dosh to invest...and I believe there's someone running classes out the Nichols Building now?

I'm thinking of 50 stalls to start but only 5 takers so far...

Any more interest from anyone?

Hi Vertiline - I have a unit in Stag Works, but its so noisy in the evenings its impossible to run classes. Sadly the landlord won't let me out of the contract, so I'm stuck until Jan with no more dosh to invest...and I believe there's someone running classes out the Nichols Building now?

May be an idea to get in touch with Louise at the Nichols Building as I'm sure the classes are not running at present. :)

I'm thinking of 50 stalls to start but only 5 takers so far...

Any more interest from anyone?

I would be interested in this :)

Are you on Facebook?

is there any groups like this in rotherham

Hi this is Emma from Runnng With Scissors, please keep me in the loop too about your plans for craft fairs and classes. We run our own craft workshops, and I do really enjoy sharing skills with people and starting them off on their creative journeys! I am running a workshop making your own Natural Bath and Beauty Products at the Nichols Building on Sunday 4th Dec too (same day as their craft fair!) :)

is there any groups like this in rotherham

Do you mean to make or to sell things? Elsecar Heritadge centre holds regular craft sales and various events. The whole centre is made up of lots of individual units. There are lots of businesses selling had crafted products, including furniture. There are also antique shops and antique fair type events. There is quite a large car park but it does get full when event are on. Its a really nice place to walk round.

http://www.elsecar-heritage-centre.co.uk/

Do you mean to make or to sell things? Elsecar Heritadge centre holds regular craft sales and various events. The whole centre is made up of lots of individual units. There are lots of businesses selling had crafted products, including furniture. There are also antique shops and antique fair type events. There is quite a large car park but it does get full when event are on. Its a really nice place to walk round.

http://www.elsecar-heritage-centre.co.uk/

I think that's Barnsley not Rotherham. Haven't seen anything that is specifically based in Rotherham.