Have my waters broken?

Hi all,

So I've been getting cabin fever and decided that with 3 days to go until my due date, I would take a quick drive to my local shop to pick up some magazines.

When I arrived at the car park, I got out the car and realised the seat was wet as was my jeans, I swiftly got back into the car and drove home! I've just got in and took off my jeans and (sorry if tmi!) smelt them as I've heard that amniotic fluid doesn't smell. I don't really think its got much of a smell to it so I've put clean underwear and a maternity pad on and am just lying down now waiting to see if the pad gets wet or not.

Does this sound like my waters have broken? I don't think its bladder weakness as I literally went for a wee just before I went out the door but I'm not 100% sure if my waters have broken and am not sure whether to ring the hospital or not.

Can anyone help?

Helen 39+4

Why not give triage a ring or your community midwife? They will be able to help you - that's what they are there for after all! Good luck if it is your waters, hope all goes well!

I would walk around and see if u leak as you're not likely to if you're laying down. Good luck

You need to get professional advice - good luck xx

I found that when I layed down flat my waters would trickle but when I stood up it would stop - think of the baby acting as a giant plug really!

Like others have said, ring triage and seek advice. I phoned them when I wasn't sure and went in to be checked, 4 hours later had my little boy!

If you go in and get checked and get told no, go home and wait then thats fine. Better to be safe then sorry.

When my waters broke it was just a trickle that felt like I'd weeed myself so I would say it probably is. Hope things are going well for you by now! x

im guessing it was her waters with the silence, i think i had 2 sacks with my first i felt a pop and a massive gush went to try and have a nap before my contractions started and pop gush again lol needless to say i didnt try and go back to bed after the second one