A reliable garage

I need a reliable garage to have my car serviced and any work i may need doing. I saw a recomendation on here for someone who i have now used but im getting very frustraited with so once ive got my car back i wont be using them again.

Im not going to use the main dealers because of their prices but im wanting good value for money and above all a good professional service.

Ta :)

I use Derbyshire Lane Service Station - they're fab and charge very reasonably.

Is that the one near Graves Park?

Yes - the majority of thhe mechanics there are "mature" and seem to take pride in doing a job properly.

When I took my car for its MOT my OH had told them he thought I needed two new tyres when he booked it in - they had a look and said it didn't - saved me a few bob - many other garages would have taken the oppertunity to do unneceserry work.

Before hubbys workmate started doing any work on our car we always used Rosedale Garage, we never had any problems with them.

Thanks all. I got a pm recomending G-Tech.

As im close and it has alot of recomdations i thought they were worth a try.

Nice man. Very polite and seems to know his stuff so im having it serviced next week.

Thank you for your help :)

I just had a full service at Derbyshire Lane Service Station. Told the old man about 3 known faults with the car prior to servicing. On picking the car up later i asked him if he'd repaired the faults aswell as giving it a full service, he just shuffled off into the back room. I asked him again if he'd replaced a split steering gaiter, turned off the Service and airbag light on in the console or even plugged in the data code reader (Diagnostics) to find any issues and replaced a dry tie rod that was creating a squeak (perished rubber). He told the trainee to spray the squeak with some fancy spray to ease the noise, the split gaiter i have to go back tomorrow for them to replace it and the palmed me off with some poor excuse about the air bag light and why they can't turn it off (i actually found the fault myself at home after checking it out online...faulty block connecter for the seat belt pre-tensioners. I can't see me going back after the gaiter is fitted.

Edited by Sagan1

Thanks all. I got a pm recomending G-Tech.

As im close and it has alot of recomdations i thought they were worth a try.

Nice man. Very polite and seems to know his stuff so im having it serviced next week.

Thank you for your help :)

Me too. Unfortunately he's closed down.

Dave at Treeton Altos 0114 269 6359. Honest and reliable. All the mechanics know their job and show you the damaged parts.

Been very satisfied with Motec just off Ecclesall Road, They collect and deliver. the company I worked for used them.