Deerlands avenue closed off flats on fire

oh no, i hope no one gets hurt, i know a few people with children in them flats, :sad:

ive just come past there i live down bottom end but didnt see a fire but sw a lad ran round back of the flats.

Am I imagining it or is it every other month there's some sort of serious incident at those flats causing the road to be closed off?

Am I imagining it or is it every other month there's some sort of serious incident at those flats causing the road to be closed off?

And it's all drug or drink related.

AGAIN!!! Glad my cousin moved out!

actually I live in the flats and the lad above me took an overdose and something caught on fire ( they saying a cigerette) so please be considerate for people before stereotyping people, I work full time dont do drugs dont smoke and hardly drink!

And it's all drug or drink related.

Really..every incident, thats unbelievable.

I lived on there too Hayden 4 years ago and i have to say the majority of people were really nice,ok there was 1 or 2 idiots as always. I also worked full time and kept my flat nice and clean so yup dont generalise all for a couple of idiots

actually I live in the flats and the lad above me took an overdose and something caught on fire ( they saying a cigerette) so please be considerate for people before stereotyping people, I work full time dont do drugs dont smoke and hardly drink!

Yeah but the lad above you does, what about the ones either side ?

How is the lad btw, did he survive ?

Really..every incident, thats unbelievable.

The past 2 years of living back in Sheffield I've seen so far from the flats,

3 flat fires , one was cannabis growing related where a dog bit the growing gear and set on fire.

Drunken idiots feeding a family cat to a fighting dog

A drunken brawl involving about 6 idiots

10's of police cars with officers heading into the flats

In the summer house parties that never end

It's a bit much for about 15 flats in one block and I'd say well above average in the above statistics. To me the flats seem to be the dumping ground for 17-18 year olds until they get shifted on due to the above incidents. They all seem to sport the stereotypical black tracksuit, baseball cap, can and large dog, never use the main flat enterence just climb over the balconies.