Best place to donate books??

I have a box full of books, all adult (I mean reading age not content ha ha) just wondering where the best place to donate them would be? My Mum used to volunteer in a charity shop and upstairs was a store room full of books that had been there years and never seemed to make it on to the shop floor. Also I have read reports on here about oxfam throwing away donated books, I imagine because they are over run with them, but still.. Anyway just want them to go somewhere where they can put to good use and won't be put in the bin. Any suggestions anyone?? Thanks :)

If they're good books and in good condition, sell them on eBay.

If I had time I would, If they were brand new titles it might be worth considering but I honestly don't think what they are likely to bring is worth me wasting my time, book shelfs are full just want rid, don't like clutter.

definitely oxfam on west street!

I don't believe they chuck them, they just put a notice on the door when they don't want any. The oxfam on west street is only a book shop so I doubt they would get thrown.

Age UK at Broomhill - lovely shop and a VERY worthwhile cause.

Age UK at Broomhill - lovely shop and a VERY worthwhile cause.

Ive taken note of this as Im having a massive clear out.:)

definitely oxfam on west street!

I don't believe they chuck them, they just put a notice on the door when they don't want any. The oxfam on west street is only a book shop so I doubt they would get thrown.

It's on Glossop Road and not just a book shop. It sells music, cards and other things.

You could split your books between different shops not too far apart so you're not traipsing about to loads of places. A lot of suburbs have 5 or 6 charity shops close to each other and all seem to sell books. Broomhill, Woodseats, Hillsborough and Crookes all have a range of shops.

Ive taken note of this as Im having a massive clear out.:)

They run the Day Centre that my Mum spent many happy days at before she had to go into full time care. Their book shop is at Broomhill and the 'regular' charity shop at Crookes.

I had loads of books, and phoned the British Heart Foundation. They came and collected them.

If they're new-looking paperbacks, any charity shop will take them gladly. If they're old books or slightly tatty books, they'll go off to be pulped.

Try selling them on http://www.greenmetropolis.com/ - easy to do as you just use the ISBN number. All books cost £3.75 with free P&P for small books. As a seller you get £3 which includes P&P costs - you can add P&P for larger books

You can take the money out or donate to the Woodland Trust