Social Services and the measures they take

Would you put your job on the line for something that you might think was not necessary?

No, obviously not. If there are guidelines to follow, then they have to be followed. I've said all along I do understand what they are doing... It probably is right, although, IMO it seems a bit extreme in this case, and I really just wanted to know if, now, this is standard procedure for what they have to do in all cases. As I said, the closest I've ever come is when my parents were having a small domestic, and SS tried to 'seize' my Daughter, as she was at risk, even though she was just staying the night and didn't live with them. They didn't get very far, I told them to sod off, end of.

Must be a horrible job, just being faced with these guidelines, and things you HAVE to do, even though you can probably see most of the time that its not necessary.

In my experience most of the time it IS necessary - and parents get support to get them back on track with parenting their children adequately.

If your friends have signed a voluntary agreement stating that Dad will not see baby, they can withdraw that at any time - but doing so may prompt the social worker to obtain a care order if they feel that baby aving contact puts the child at risk of harm.

As I said, best contact a solicitor.

No, obviously not. If there are guidelines to follow, then they have to be followed. I've said all along I do understand what they are doing... It probably is right, although, IMO it seems a bit extreme in this case, and I really just wanted to know if, now, this is standard procedure for what they have to do in all cases. As I said, the closest I've ever come is when my parents were having a small domestic, and SS tried to 'seize' my Daughter, as she was at risk, even though she was just staying the night and didn't live with them. They didn't get very far, I told them to sod off, end of.

The question wasn't specifically for you, but more an expansion on your post I quoted. The reason I did that was to make a point to the others on here that don't seem to understand that social workers are pretty restrained by red tape.

people bring horror stories to the table of children removed from loving, decent families.

No.

People bring the truth, rather than the lies propagated by the courts/SS themselves (or others with vested interests).

Quick, call social services. I need a thorough investigation

Some people are dimmer than the average and would rather berate that congratulate;). Ignore the fools:).

In my experience most of the time it IS necessary - and parents get support to get them back on track with parenting their children adequately.

Now that I find hilarious. Parents get NO support, what they do get, is P'd on, from a very great height, treat like criminals, with the cases held in closed (ie. secret) courts.

No.

People bring the truth, rather than the lies propagated by the courts/SS themselves (or others with vested interests).

Some people are dimmer than the average and would rather berate that congratulate;). Ignore the fools:).

Now that I find hilarious. Parents get NO support, what they do get, is P'd on, from a very great height, treat like criminals, with the cases held in closed (ie. secret) courts.

Categorically agree.

No.

You're totally wrong.

Families get varying degrees of support. Part of the social workers role os coordinating the support delivered by the Multi Agency Support Teams http://www.sheffield0to19.org.uk/homepage/professionals/masts

I see this in action most working days.

Sadly, despite what must equate to £100's a day of professional support, some people can still not adequately parent their cildren.

I accept that some times, social workers, like any one else can get it wrong - but you're interpretation of the service is total skewed, and not helpful at all.

I don't know, social services might be as evil as everyone says but I do find this kind of thing depressing. Parents who get wasted come home and fight with the kids upstairs incapably drunk in the early hours smash the place up and make false allegations to the police about each other and think that's okay because they have a baby sitter or smoke through 3 pregnancies with never a thought of giving up for the kids sake but then give up in the last few weeks of the last pregnacy because 'they want to' and 'it's easy'.

You wonder how these poor kids are going to turn out with parents who are more concerned with smoking and drinking than their welfare. I would hazard a guess that a lot of the recent rioters grew up in households like this.

Sometimes (most of the time) Social services steam in with little information, lay the law down, ruin lives, then tramp back out again leaving the parents to waddle about in the mucky water left.

Social services made my life hell because i was a working parent with a child with Aspergers Syndrome.

They had absolutely no idea about what aspergers entails but deemed their status as professionals more important than my status as a parent.

I was forced, yes, literally forced into quitting my job or risk losing my children.

I had the child protection police at my door TWICE because of the scum that is social services, it was sometime later when they realised my son was being bullied at school and it almost choked them to apologise to me.

I cannot wait to see what shoddy excuses they come up with in court for their bullying,demeaning and absolutely shocking treatment of me and my family.

I don't know, social services might be as evil as everyone says but I do find this kind of thing depressing. Parents who get wasted come home and fight with the kids upstairs incapably drunk in the early hours smash the place up and make false allegations to the police about each other and think that's okay because they have a baby sitter or smoke through 3 pregnancies with never a thought of giving up for the kids sake but then give up in the last few weeks of the last pregnacy because 'they want to' and 'it's easy'.

You wonder how these poor kids are going to turn out with parents who are more concerned with smoking and drinking than their welfare. I would hazard a guess that a lot of the recent rioters grew up in households like this.

And when did my smoking get brought in to this as a part of the social services questions? Are you suggesting that smoking makes me a bad parent? My parents are both smokers, as are my grandparents, and it has never made any of them bad parents. Should I be calling social services on myself?

I've never smoked more than 5 a day, I have had 1 or 2 a day for the last 2 years or so. I've never really wanted to give up, but I've never considered myself to be an addicted smoker. If I don't want a cigarette one day, I don't have to have one - it is easy for me to quit. I just have half of my partner's cigarette a couple of times per day. But yeah, ok, that makes me an awful parent.

You're totally wrong.

Yes, of course I (and many, many others) are.:rolleyes:

Sometimes (most of the time) Social services steam in with little information, lay the law down, ruin lives, then tramp back out again leaving the parents to waddle about in the mucky water left.

Social services made my life hell because i was a working parent with a child with Aspergers Syndrome.

They had absolutely no idea about what aspergers entails but deemed their status as professionals more important than my status as a parent.

I was forced, yes, literally forced into quitting my job or risk losing my children.

I had the child protection police at my door TWICE because of the scum that is social services, it was sometime later when they realised my son was being bullied at school and it almost choked them to apologise to me.

I cannot wait to see what shoddy excuses they come up with in court for their bullying,demeaning and absolutely shocking treatment of me and my family.

This is simply not the case in the vast majority of cases.

I'm sorry about your experience, but it really doesn't reflect what is happening as a rule.

This is simply not the case in the vast majority of cases.

I'm sorry about your experience, but it really doesn't reflect what is happening as a rule.

Is that so?

I work (or should i say worked) in a professional capacity which dealt with the fall out from social services and stories like mine are not uncommon.