Buying a car on finance

With these type of deals they ask what you want to pay per month and then build a deal around that, its not until you get home and do the sums that reality sinks in. :o

Don’t sign anything on the day, ask for a printed breakdown of the costs first ……… I bet you will come away empty handed.

Anyone think of buying a car on fiance cant do sums and doubt very much they can add or budget, if you havnt got the cash to buy it you cant afford it, go buy a banger for £200 , your car is to get from A to B and not a status symbol:loopy:

He just needed a good reliable car for his work . He does a fair few miles. Told him not bother .not all cheap cars are scrappers they are bargains to be had.

i'd avoid finance if you can. i've had a few on finance(including my current car) and if i could pay it all off now i would and get a cheap car. like you say there are bargains out there he looks around

Anyone think of buying a car on fiance cant do sums and doubt very much they can add or budget, if you havnt got the cash to buy it you cant afford it, go buy a banger for £200 , your car is to get from A to B and not a status symbol:loopy:

Not all finance is as expensive as somewhere like carcraft.

When we bought our MPV as a car my wife would drive we needed a larger car for the 3 kids and something modern for good crash protection. We didn't have £10k hanging around but could afford £200 pcm for a bank loan. Our credit rating was pretty good so got a decent rate from our bank.

There's nothing wrong with financing a car in this way as long as the loans isn't over a long period, say 5 years, and you can comfortably afford the repayments.

When i was looking for a car for myself the above criteria wasn't that important (90% driving on my own) so I only spent £1200 so no finance.

Dimbat. Why would anyone with enough capital to buy a decent car outright throw it into a depreciating assett. I certainly wouldnt.

I agree though, the deposit required to deposit the gutter finance is enough to buy a car outright.

Its going to depreciate no matter how you finance it.

Some people don't want to buy 10+ year Mondeos and anyway what do you think would happen to the 2nd hand market if consumers stopped buying brand new cars?