Why are people so fussy about their hotel on holiday?

Exactly.

I always check out where Im going to book before I do so.

Whether it be with tripadvisor, googling for the particle area/hotel or asking around.

There was a show here a while back called Save My Holiday and they literally went to the same hotel in Turkey at least 5 times in a 14 show series. Every single person had similar complaints and issues. Yet, when asked, if they had done any research on the hotel they said they hadnt and trusted the agent that everything was correct. I wouldnt trust a travel agent to return a pen, let alone be honest about a booking. Granted, the state of the place was disgusting (crumbling patios, lied about a pool and play areas, roaches, unhygienic food prep and serving stations) but a quick look on tripadvisor would have alerted these people of the conditions..

We were on holiday in Turkey when our lift stuck between floors, I opened the emergency phone door and below is what I found.

We had to wait for power to return before the lift started, none of the staff were aware there'd been a problem and showed no concern at all

33eh9no.jpg

The problem is that people trawl the internet for the cheapest holiday and then moan about it …….. wakey-wakey, its cheap because it crap.

Would someone go to a garage and buy the cheapest car on the lot or go to a restaurant and ask for beans on toast :shakes: ……. So why do people want the cheapest holiday available.

Edited by Grandad.Malky

*gag*

I am so sorry about that... :(

Im hoping they gave you back all your money.. thats just wrong.

They ended up giving us more than our money back due to me injuring my back because there was no warning of this step down into the room, I walked into thin air carrying two suitcases as the porter did not do his job by showing us into the room, he just unlocked the door and dissappeared.

Luckily this hotel now get's terrible reviews and I always check the review sites now.

2iuq8np.jpg

If you're not happy and your rep won't do anything take photographs/videos as proof.

Exactly.

I always check out where Im going to book before I do so.Whether it be with tripadvisor, googling for the particle area/hotel or asking around.

There was a show here a while back called Save My Holiday and they literally went to the same hotel in Turkey at least 5 times in a 14 show series. Every single person had similar complaints and issues. Yet, when asked, if they had done any research on the hotel they said they hadnt and trusted the agent that everything was correct. I wouldnt trust a travel agent to return a pen, let alone be honest about a booking. Granted, the state of the place was disgusting (crumbling patios, lied about a pool and play areas, roaches, unhygienic food prep and serving stations) but a quick look on tripadvisor would have alerted these people of the conditions..

The only way to go. I book through Travelocity, Orbitz or the Triple A.

You can get a virtual tour of the hotel online showing the lobby, rooms, restaurant/.breakfast area, facilities. Even better you can read reviews from other guests who have previously stayed at the hotel or motel.

The only time I "got took" on a hotel check out. (It was a Best Western Motel actually that claimed 4 star rating) was on a trip to San Francisco.

The Online photos showed a very pleasant well cared for exterior and clean immaculate rooms.

When we arrived there it was horrible. The place was being remodeled and there was plywood fencing around the pool, along the balustrades on both floors and the remodeling looked as if it had been brought to a halt as there were no workmen around and judging from the weathered look of the wood work had stopped a long time before. The door of the room had not been hung properly and there was a quarter inch gap at one place between door and frame which let in the chilly early morning San Francisco air.

The location wasn't choice either. There was a warehouse of sorts across the road and the trash trucks would empty the roll away trash bins at 4 in the morning with enough noise to wake the dead. For all this they wanted 220 dollars a night . After complaining bitterly they refunded me 50 bucks and I canceled the last night's stay. We drove across the Bay to Berkeley and found a Holiday Inn Express in a nice quiet part of the city for 90 bucks a night.

On road trips where I'm on the go I swear by Holiday Inn Express. Never been let down here or anywhere else.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Exactly.

I always check out where Im going to book before I do so.Whether it be with tripadvisor, googling for the particle area/hotel or asking around.

There are loads of review sights aren’t there but like I said before some people just want a cheap holiday even if that means taking small kids on late night flights or stopping in some all inclusive where the same slop is served up day after day and you daren’t leave the complex after dark

http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/?kw=72879&eng=CCSEM&content=&eagid=377919675&gclid=CO7SkuXK_KoCFRRC4QodKUdZ1w

Edited by esme
quote tags

The problem is that people trawl the internet for the cheapest holiday and then moan about it …….. wakey-wakey, its cheap because it crap.

Would someone go to a garage and buy the cheapest car on the lot or go to a restaurant and ask for beans on toast :shakes: ……. So why do people want the cheapest holiday available.

The point is that it is not the cheapest holidays that are the worst, like i said I paid for 5 star all in on a holiday in Turkey.

There was building work going on, in and around the hotel and on the complex and that was with First Choice.

The dump in Ayia Nappa that we upgraded to was a holiday with Thomsons and neither were cheap, we were promised Paphos and just the two of us were sent to a lager lout dump in Ayia Nappa, Thomson demanded another £595 on top of what we'd already paid to transfer us back to Paphos, we transfered ourselves and found alternative accommadation the cost of which was refunded later on top of the injury damages.

'Which' magazine advise anyone claiming from a holiday company to go through Small Claims court as statistics show that they find most often in favour of the claimant than ABTA.

Edited by Bassman62

There are loads of review sights aren’t there but like I said before some people just want a cheap holiday even if that means taking small kids on late night flights or stopping in some all inclusive where the same slop is served up day after day and you daren’t leave the complex after dark

http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/?kw=72879&eng=CCSEM&content=&eagid=377919675&gclid=CO7SkuXK_KoCFRRC4QodKUdZ1w

To the poor family in a run down council house, Most hotel is lovely and with all inclusive to them it is paradise, But to me who has travel many countries i just want a clean room and not a flashly lobby, Thats why there is loads of mixed report on hotel everyone standard is very different