Is it worth reporting bad driving to the police?

The cyclist at the back of him was recording but I couldn't tell if he was wearing hemet. The more I look at it the more I think it was a set up or why did the cyclist put his hand out as the van passed him?

Check the other films by the same person on the right hand side.

Why was you riding in the middle of the road and talking to the guy behind you near end of video, it is a narrow bend road , do you know how much danger you cause to car driver by being in the middle of the road at 10mph??? its you who needs reporting and lock up before you cause a big accident

Maybe you need to spend a bit of time on a bicycle then.

I do and I don't film taxi drivers on the phone, white van drivers overtaking, etc,etc and put them on yutube, I am concentrating on keeping safe and not being a danger to other road users.

The number of films put on yutube by the OP clearly shows an obsession.

Edited by alex3659

Why was you riding in the middle of the road and talking to the guy behind you near end of video, it is a narrow bend road , do you know how much danger you cause to car driver by being in the middle of the road at 10mph??? its you who needs reporting and lock up before you cause a big accident

Then maybe you should. The OP is obviously a regular cyclist and wears a helmet cam. They're hardly expensive and are certainly useful, and no danger to others.

No thanks I enjoy my cycling as it is thankyou without creating problems for other road users and filming complete strangers to put on yutube.

Edited by alex3659

So... Should I take from this that its a waste of time reporting bad driving in Sussex?

Probably!

Bad driving is not necessarily illegal driving (driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving).

John X

Although the police's response to the OP seemed to be luke warm, I still think it is worth reporting.

If they do log the complaint, as they claim, then there is a possibility that they would match up several complaints and identify a risky driver and take some action. More likely, if that person is charged following another incident, the extra evidence of regular bad driving might be seen as aggravating the crime and result in harsher punishment.

(Edit: Also, the OP will have done what he is able to improve road safety relating to this event).

how often do we get people with nothing better to do then ride slowly in middle of narrow country lane with helmet cam to record bad drivers? most report are just words and police that do nothing about it, total waste of time and tax payers money