Pushchair safety on buses

presumably someone was partaking in said act. It is dangerous and life threatening....

To all Pushchair users, let the bus driver kneel the bus before getting on/off.

We know that it can be done and that it was done for many years BUT life has been made easier for parents by providing the buggy area.

Why does it harm anybody if my pram has a sensible amount of shopping on it?

Oh thats right it doesn't but its just something for people to have a moan about :roll:

life wasnt made easier by providing you with a buggy area on buses, its a wheelchair space and area for the disabled/elderly

ive stopped bothering to use buses as pram users often refused to fold thier buggy so i would have to take my daughter out of her wheelchair, put her over my sholder and then fold the wheelchair down all to make someones life as mother of a toddler easier

Maybe, just maybe anyone not bright enough to work out how to put a push chair on a bus shouldn't be having kids.

jb

i agree .......common sence

can't anyone do anything these days without needing a notice to tell them:roll: when i used to use the bus with a pushchair i knew the best way to put it so it didn't fall over and knew not to overload it, i didn't need a sign to tell me this. from working on the buses now i know they can fall whatever though but i don't see why the company should be responsible and aslong as it isn't blocking the isle i'm not going to get out of the cab to tell someone how to position it

totally agree

Or we could just go back to the days when the parents folded up the push chairs' date=' put them in the luggage rack and sat the child on their knee?[/quote']

There is no way I would take a baby out of the pram on a bus! They tend to set off before you sit down anyway and I just don't think it is safe!!! A toddler tends to be a little bit more robust than a baby at a few weeks old!

When I have to use the bus (which isn't that often anymore) if there is room for my pushchair, then I leave my daughter strapped in it. If there isn't room, then I take her out, fold the buggy and put it in the rack. Its a 2second job and stops all the arguing! :)