Freeview Tuning/ Digital switchover megathread

My BBC channels seem to be stuffed :(

Try and do a full factory reset if your tv has it, that should solve the problem :)

It seems to be the signal strength on the BBC channels - they are coming up as a 3 and other things are 10. Is a factory reset likely to sort that out then?

It seems to be the signal strength on the BBC channels - they are coming up as a 3 and other things are 10. Is a factory reset likely to sort that out then?

Most likely, you may be picking up from Crosspool and Emley Moor, a reset should sort the channels out, otherwise you will have to do a manual retune.

Hi it sounds like you have a panasonic tv, i think whats possibly happening is the tv is tuning some channels to belmont which are weak 3 etc and some on emelymoor which are strong 10 etc, so a full factory reset will erase all stored channels and should then tune all channels to the strongest signals eg 10. If you still have problems then i can call out and sort it for £25. Hope this helps

I had another go at doing what it suggested on the Digital UK site (which was what I did first) and this time it worked - how odd. It is indeed a Panasonic - are they known for being odd then LOL

I had another go at doing what it suggested on the Digital UK site (which was what I did first) and this time it worked - how odd. It is indeed a Panasonic - are they known for being odd then LOL

Hi it can and does happen with all makes not just panasonic but im glad your sorted. Regards Steve

Then you are not on the Emley Moor transmitter.

So it's probably going to disappear when I least expect it sometime in the future then..

I've put my postcode in the digital UK website, and it says Emley Moor and already changed - so I presume I must be.

So it's probably going to disappear when I least expect it sometime in the future then..

I've put my postcode in the digital UK website, and it says Emley Moor and already changed - so I presume I must be.

The DUK website tells you the most likely TX that you are using but if you are still receiving analogue channels then you are not tuned to Emley Moor.

The DUK website tells you the most likely TX that you are using but if you are still receiving analogue channels then you are not tuned to Emley Moor.

Ooh okay, tar. I'll just wait until it goes away and then retune then.

Hi, with you living up there in a good reception area your tv can find channels from more than one transmitter and it's possible that the tv has tuned itself onto the the wrong transmitter for some of the channels, the best thing to do is wait till Wednesday and do another full factory reset then you should find it tunes itself in correctly, if not the the only other way is a manual tune but you need to know what your doing and what the frequency numbers are for your required transmitter. Hope this helps, ps this also go's for any type of freeview receiver

Thanks very much for the advice. I've done a factory reset on the TV today, and that seems to be OK. But on the Humax box, wwhich I've also retuned, when I go to the programme guide, most channels show no listings more than about 3 days ahead, making it impossible to set it to record stuff if I'm away for a week. Is this right?