Does anyone know a cheap reliable taxi service to manchester airport

Thurgoland travel 0800 015 50 60

We have used them several times. Very reliable and friendly.

I think it's £100 return to Manchester airport from Sheffield.

£100 :shocked:it would only cost about £40 max for 2 journeys to Manchester and back in a 2ltr diesel, we've been to Brid and back for £20 a distance of 180 miles

If you drive and they are reasonable flight times then drive and park it up, there are several carparks that are reasonable, eg. flight shuttle services. £29.80 from 3rd to the 10th

If you drive and they are reasonable flight times then drive and park it up, there are several carparks that are reasonable, eg. flight shuttle services. £29.80 from 3rd to the 10th

Perhaps the person doesnt drive and thats why they are asking.

What people tend to forget is LEGAL buses are licenced by vosa and need inspecting every six weeks so its okay people saying my car does it on £ 45 Quid but included in the minibus rate is wear and tare on the vehicles etc , plus they can travel knowing that a vosa licenced bus has all the correct insurance:rant:

The train is faster and cheaper. I don't see a reason for using a taxi?

I STRONGLY recommend that you use the train. Four of us (adults) did the return journey for £48 - booked a few weeks in advance. 5-10min walk when you get to the station and not getting stuck in traffic makes it train every time for me

What people tend to forget is LEGAL buses are licenced by vosa and need inspecting every six weeks so its okay people saying my car does it on £ 45 Quid but included in the minibus rate is wear and tare on the vehicles etc , plus they can travel knowing that a vosa licenced bus has all the correct insurance:rant:
spot on mate.people think you can get a taxi for next to nothing people think you only put diesel in they forget £2000 insurance we pay together with public liability and council charges and 6 monthly mots,

Perhaps the person doesnt drive and thats why they are asking.

Perhaps you should read my post carefully as it says if you drive

spot on mate.people think you can get a taxi for next to nothing people think you only put diesel in they forget £2000 insurance we pay together with public liability and council charges and 6 monthly mots,

hi dawngary,

thanks for your quote for a airport run,you are the cheapest up to now so should be back in touch with you soon

thanks paul

The train is faster and cheaper. I don't see a reason for using a taxi?

agree.we had a quote of £120 for a taxi return.went on the internet to go on thetrain and for 2 adults and 2 children with a friends and family railcard,it worked out at £27.40.so i know what transport i will be using.a lot lot lot more cheaper.plus no traffic jams straight there.

Try Union Cars they are very resonable and relyable 0114 2465577:D

What's your point? My point is it's cheaper to drive yourself, probably for the reasons you point out.

And I know you didn't say it but someone here did, I'm sick and tired of people always claiming wear and tear costs, not just taxi's but other occupation too.

Perhaps 'private/self employed' people if you lowered your costs a little you'd get more business, build up a client base, if you van cope with not earning as much for a year.

I might start claiming for wear and tear on clothes I wear for work.....