Butterscotch ??

I love butterscotch, used to love butterscotch tart when i was at school and used to have the butterscotch hard sweets, not had any for years though.

And now you like Jaffa cakes!!

does anyone else remember butterscotch desert at school with custard, mind you, i am 31 so that was a long time ago, would give my right arm to have a tray full of that

it was pastry bottom with a thick, fluffy cream tart on the top

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Wow that sounds Great mmmmmmm

can you buy butterscotch tart in sheffield like you can banoffee pie or cheese cake

Does anyone know if You can still buy Butterscotch ?

I have not seen any for years, and keep looking out for it.

If anyone knows where to buy it, I would like to know. Thanks:huh:

its made by parkinsons in doncaster they have been making it for donkey's years ,if tha ggets some get some for me , check it out on google mi owd flower Edited by tinker

It's already in the fridge chilling.... want it now!!!!!!

well i hope you enjoy it, with all that sugar and butter its no good if your on a diet lol :hihi:

does anyone else remember butterscotch desert at school with custard, mind you, i am 31 so that was a long time ago, would give my right arm to have a tray full of that

it was pastry bottom with a thick, fluffy cream tart on the top

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

OMG! I REMEMBER this from school too! it was my favourite and i have never been able to find anything similar since - the closest i got to was the caramel n pastry kind of treats from thorntons, but they are too sweet for me but do have that similar taste - i usually eat them with custard! lol

ahhhh butterscotch tart! i hope the above is the school recipe for that from the 80's and early 90's - thanks for posting recipe!

Thank you - I have already been to Morrisons for the ingredients!! mmmmmmm cant wait!

Do let us know Daisy how it tastes is it like the one at school?! I've tried so many recipes but failed miserably lol :hihi:

OMG! I REMEMBER this from school too! it was my favourite and i have never been able to find anything similar since - the closest i got to was the caramel n pastry kind of treats from thorntons, but they are too sweet for me but do have that similar taste - i usually eat them with custard! lol

ahhhh butterscotch tart! i hope the above is the school recipe for that from the 80's and early 90's - thanks for posting recipe!

Its the closest recipe to school butterscotch I have found, my friend works in a school kitchen and makes it all the time and she helped me with it, she has to do hers in large amounts so we have broken it down and don,t use a double boiler like they have to. it can take up to 2 days for her to make hers and theres no way my kids could wait that long lol I cant tell the differance between hers and mine( but I dont tell her that dont want to upset her):hihi:

Aww thankyou! imm going to make it tonight!! wish me luck lol!

Just one question:

you have written that a total of 370g butter is required for whole recipe, so:

to make pastry you say "add beaten egg and butter and mix to dough" and then to make the filling:

"melt 320g butter in pan..."

Does this mean 50g is required for the pastry and 320 for the filling to make total butter amount 370?

sorry if im confusing you!

Edited by loonytoony

It's already in the fridge chilling.... want it now!!!!!!

Have you tried it yet ? was it as good as you expected ?