Would you drive uninsured if the cheapest quote you could get was £3000 ??

Admiral are still making a profit, they are one of (again, from memory) three UK motor insurers to make underwriting profits, the vast majority are losing out on every £ of premium they write.

Thank you, I rest my case.

If that's your cheapest, you are either a kid (so wait til you grow up) or a known dangerous driver... How about option C and just don't drive at all? £3K insurance is someone somewheres way of telling you that driving is not really your thing :)

There was no correlation alex, there are hundreds of companies out there, they obviously picked a new one for each holiday. The 'black book' that I mentioned is simply insurance companies sharing details of claimants, but I couldn't tell you if it is operational, it appears to be a state secret.

Travel insurers don't currently share details of claims, household and motor insurers do via CUE. It's a not a state secret at all, and all proposal forms / terms & conditions will refer to insurers sharing information.

Travel insurers don't currently share details of claims, household and motor insurers do via CUE. It's a not a state secret at all, and all proposal forms / terms & conditions will refer to insurers sharing information.

There was a program on TV where a couple were declined a claim on house insurance because they had failed to disclose previous claims ……….. one of those was for a camera on holiday insurance.

there is no wonder that youths drive around with no insurance its hard for most people to pay inflated prices especial young men who are probably not on a good wage to start with, i have 3 sons 23, 21,19 all 3 are insured as one is a copper, and the other both work hard but their insuranse range from £1,800 for eldest,2,000, and another 2,000 my 3 boyss are law abiding citizens what insentive is there to keep up insurance , insurance companies should inform the police of anyone who cancels their policy, and and it should be flagged up the same as tv licence peple there should be a national data base for police, tax, garages,to access

I think people should look beyond the headlines & spin that insurance companies spout, yes young drivers are a higher risk & should therefore pay a higher premium, in my view; so should elderly drivers & traffic offenders; repeat traffic offenders and proven fraudsters should be declined insurance or pay extortionate premiums, punish the individual is my policy.

Do I believe no win no fee claimers are to blame, no, is the simple answer, looking at the news recently it seems to me insurers are looking for a scapegoat, same as when we have had the floods, & bad weather, it’s always followed by an announcements from insurers that premiums will have to increase because they lost out.

The problem & reason why insurance premiums are increasing is down to the recent & still very raw global recession, all insurance companies do not just deal insurance, the money paid in premiums is invested in a wide variety of projects’, the most favoured being property, because they like the banks have been taking a ‘hammering’; due to their poor judgment & greed of their investment departments, as a result they are now having to pay the price for that greed & poor judgment, it’s the big business trying to recoup their losses for their shareholders from the poor sod in the street.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2f616488-038a-11df-a601-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1RAxXsPUn

There was a program on TV where a couple were declined a claim on house insurance because they had failed to disclose previous claims ……….. one of those was for a camera on holiday insurance.

That's very unusual, household insurers don't usually take travel insurance claims into consideration (for example, if you get a quote on confused.com, they ask you specifically if you've made any buildings or contents claims in the past).

I know the database for travel insurance claims is only in the proposal stage, and is likely to stay that way for some time, so I haven't got any idea how they could find out about a travel claim that had been made, unless there was an internal connection between the household insurer and the travel insurer.

there is no wonder that youths drive around with no insurance its hard for most people to pay inflated prices especial young men who are probably not on a good wage to start with, i have 3 sons 23, 21,19 all 3 are insured as one is a copper, and the other both work hard but their insuranse range from £1,800 for eldest,2,000, and another 2,000 my 3 boyss are law abiding citizens what insentive is there to keep up insurance , insurance companies should inform the police of anyone who cancels their policy, and and it should be flagged up the same as tv licence peple there should be a national data base for police, tax, garages,to access

Police have instant access to the motor insurance database which contains 'live' (or as close as possible) records of insurance policies which can be matched to a vehicle registration. In addition, it is now an offence to have a car which is not SORN'd be uninsured, even if it is on private property, and this can be easily cross-referenced.

I'm not sure what benefit there would be in informing the police when a policy is cancelled.

Car insurance companies are often not even profitable. What makes you think that they are overcharging?

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Bet you regret that one!:hihi:;)

Just clone you're plates folks. I do.

Legalised theft is all the false claims that have gone in that have resulted in the increases, last year car insurance companies made a loss despite the increase in premiums.

No win ………. No fee ……….. don’t make me laugh, we are all paying for it.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Car-Insurance-Premiums-Soar-By-More-Than-40-In-A-Year-In-Further-Blow-To-Cash-Strapped-Drivers/Article/201104215970983

There's a danger here that any person who puts forward a claim for loss or injury through a solicitor is going to be labelled as being part of the problem of rising premiums. If a person has been injured or suffered a loss they have every right to claim for that loss, that's the whole purpose of insurance. I had an accident many years back, back end of the car was wrote off, I spent a week laid on my back in agony, with whiplash, (soft tissue injury), no permanent damage, but I also lost several weeks work, the insurance company rung me in the first week offering me X amount, I decided no, used a solicitor who recouped 4 X times the original offer, didn't meet my full losses but better than the original. So if my claim played any part in the premiums rising then as far as I'm concerned it's the driver who ran into me who's at fault.

Ever since insurance was introduced people have made fraudulent claims, it's nothing new, Fire of London 1666, San Francisco earthquake 1901 all had massive fraudulent claims, just out of fun take a look at the 1864 Sheffield flood insurance claims, they were inundated with fraudulent claims, (I found individuals in my wife’s family had made three claims for the same items), although wrong it seems to be human nature, but after any disaster whether man made or by nature insurers take a hammering & have to reclaim their losses, think of this year’s disasters alone, combine this with the recession & banking crisis, they all have an effect, and were paying the price of it.