Holly street stabbing

Those who state that this isn't a race issue are incorrect. Granted they probably weren't attacked because they were white, but that's not the point.

White kids don't go round in gangs of ten stabbing innocent people in the city centre, and subsequently stroll off as if they are completely untouchable.

Don't cheapen this with your racist calls for deportation, that is missing the point entirely. For better or for worse, these people live here, and this is their home. However, they are absolute animals.

My question is this - if they were hanging around in this area for an hour beforehand, threatening, intimidating and attacking people, where were the police?

Whenever I've been out in town at about that time there is normally a police van parked on Barkers Pool, and a very obvious and visible presence. Where were they on Saturday night?

Why did you feel the need to use 1000 police officers to protect some politicians from a few crusties, and yet you do not have ANY officers on a major juncture in town on a Saturday evening? An absolute disgrace.

Completly agree with all the points mentioned. The police have an office literally on the opposite corner of BPool above the Jewellers so they are/were near by..

they should have coppers on every corner on busy nights like weekends,to try and deter incidants like this.

The fact that they walked off leads me to believe that it was premeditated, and that is why they didn't panic. It also indicates that they do not believe the police are up to catching them.

With a reported ten stab wounds, these assailants will have traces of blood on their clothes. I can understand why the police don't release the CCTV footage, as they don't want to force the culprits underground. If the gang was loitering in this area for an hour or so beforehand, there should be plenty of pictures of them for the authorities to go on. Let's just hope that the response of the police is both swift and accurate.

Just remember, White people don't commit crimes do they!

Just remember, White people don't commit crimes do they!

Of course white people commit crimes! :loopy: Anything constructive to add to the serious thread?

Of course white people commit crimes! :loopy: Anything constructive to add to the serious thread?

i was being sarcastic FFS!

Also this statement:

"Those who state that this isn't a race issue are incorrect. Granted they probably weren't attacked because they were white, but that's not the point."

If they were not attacked because they were white this surely means it was NOT a racist attack!

And also the fact that the gang were out causing trouble for a while before this incident says to me that they were just generally being dicks that night not going out singling WHITE people out!

Quit with the racism!

My heart goes out to the victims and their families!

i see a lot of people bringing up old statements to debate if it is a racist issue or not in an effort to prove they themselves are not racist ... no-one cares if you are racist or not right now. The point is whether people like it or not the attackers were asian/black and the victims were white. Its a way to describe people get over it. If a fat man had done the stabbing the description would have been "a fat man".

Now can we please leave this post to people that can be of some help or want to send their well wishes to the victims or just genuinely care about this incident because it would be a shame for the mods to step in and close this thread when this person has clearly started it to ask for help. Can't help them if it gets locked!

This happened in the thread about the mum who got stabbed in walkley only it was a debate about men vs women. It's now locked. No-one can say any sympathies or have the thread near the top incase anyone logs in for it to jog their memory on some useful info they may have! So helpful!

Personally, I don't see what difference it makes whether this was a race attack or not. It would be just as horrific if the lads were attacked because they were fat, skinny, male, tall, short or even if they were mouthing off at the attackers. Either way they need to be brought to justice.

i see a lot of people bringing up old statements to debate if it is a racist issue or not in an effort to prove they themselves are not racist ... no-one cares if you are racist or not right now. The point is whether people like it or not the attackers were asian/black and the victims were white. Its a way to describe people get over it. If a fat man had done the stabbing the description would have been "a fat man".

I have no doubt in my mind that the victims were white ans the attackers were black.

My point is that this does not mean that it was a racist attack! The colour of either parties does not matter unless for example the attackers were heard saying something along the lines of "we dont like white people"

"Those who state that this isn't a race issue are incorrect.

If they were not attacked because they were white this surely means it was NOT a racist attack!

You're confusing race with racist there.

You're confusing race with racist there.

how do you mean?

I bet you £1000 that you are wrong - I am one of the witnesses that saw this group of scumbags..

My post was referring to the group as a whole and not those just present that did this horrific thing that night. That group of Black youths are very likely to have white friends. Also someone else mentioned that white youths do not hang around in groups with knifes. Erm well actually they do. It has nothing to do with race and more to do with the society that we live in where males whatever race they are think its acceptable to take a knife on a night out and attack helpless innocent people on the street.