Does anyone have an interesting ghost story?

Hiya,

Does anyone have a personal ghost story from the Sheffield area which they would be willing to share for a radio project which I am making?

I would be grateful to hear any of your stories!

ghosts don't exist, they are all in peoples heads!

Originally posted by AlquarUK

Oh are they now?.

Then can you explain THIS to me?

Originally posted by viking

Oh are they now?.

EEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it. I'm convinced... :P

Originally posted by viking

Oh are they now?.

Oooh, Viking, you're amazing! You should go on Most Haunted! That's the only other place I've seen anything so convincing!:D

I once heard that there is a night club near to Attercliffe, apparently if you go down there your sure to get the willies put up you !!

and their heads are under their arms:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

ok here's a story and its 100% true,when i was about 5 years old we went to look at the house we eventually moved into,no one lived in the house and the old lady from next door but one had the keys to show us round,we were upstairs and i went for a wander round,i remember this bit as it was yesterday,i went down stairs and there was an old lady stood infront of the fire place in the kitchen (kitchens had fire places in them days to heat up the oven) she asked me my name and if i liked the house bla bla bla, she had grey hair bit thick rimmed black glasses and a blur checked pinny on,i went back upstairs and my mum asked me who i'd been talking too,the old lady down stairs i said.......we all went down stairs and no one was there,i descibed the lady to my mum and the neighbour told my mum i'd described the lady who used to live in the house who had died......

Originally posted by kirky

ok here's a story and its 100% true,when i was about 5 years old we went to look at the house we eventually moved into,no one lived in the house and the old lady from next door but one had the keys to show us round,we were upstairs and i went for a wander round,i remember this bit as it was yesterday,i went down stairs and there was an old lady stood infront of the fire place in the kitchen (kitchens had fire places in them days to heat up the oven) she asked me my name and if i liked the house bla bla bla, she had grey hair bit thick rimmed black glasses and a blur checked pinny on,i went back upstairs and my mum asked me who i'd been talking too,the old lady down stairs i said.......we all went down stairs and no one was there,i descibed the lady to my mum and the neighbour told my mum i'd described the lady who used to live in the house who had died......

when I was 5 I had a dream I could hover by moving my legs really fast.

I woke up and was convinced it was true! ;)

when I was 5 I had a dream I could hover by moving my legs really fast.

I woke up and was convinced it was true! ;)

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

bet it was fun watcing you trying to go it

Originally posted by Lucy21

Hiya,

Does anyone have a personal ghost story from the Sheffield area which they would be willing to share for a radio project which I am making?

I would be grateful to hear any of your stories!

Click on the 'Search site' link on the left. There are ghost threads every few weeks. A couple of the forumers are into paranormal investigations and the like - can't remember their user names though.

Not a personal story and not actually in Sheffield, but....

I have been helping with the transcription of the Parish Registers for St Mary's (CofE), Walkley. One of the names I keep coming across is the Rev KF Lord, a curate there at the beginning of WW2. He later went into the forces and after the war got his own parish in North Yorks (I think, can't remember where). If you google 'KF Lord' and 'ghost' you will get a lot of hits because he took one of the most famous 'ghost' photographs you can find, in his new church.

Hugh in Walkley

ps I am 100% sceptic ;)