Scrap men taking stuff they shouldn't

i had a tv removed from my front yesterday

Front what ?

i saw the scrap collectors not long back taking some scrap from a fridge next door so i got the number plate and vehicle description to hand to the police as i'm sure they have a profile of these people its just a question of getting them.

i had a tv removed from my front yesterday

so you are now an ex-teletubby??

I would call the Police every time. Sometimes the scrapmen are ok, most of the time they are not

They know whats in my man bag ;)

Can we shut up about man bags please, apart from on the appropriate thread!?

Jeez! ... I have to do my own moderating! :P

Can we shut up about man bags please, apart from on the appropriate thread!?

Jeez! ... I have to do my own moderating! :P

If you want a manbag Alcoblog you have one, never mind what the others say. By the way, what do you guys keep in them ???? :hihi:

Might I offer a suggestion for the name beginning with C? On second thoughts, perhaps not.

caravan utilising nomadic traveller ?

i saw the scrap collectors not long back taking some scrap from a fridge next door so i got the number plate and vehicle description to hand to the police as i'm sure they have a profile of these people its just a question of getting them.

They keep scrap in the fridge ??? :hihi::hihi:

No consolation to those who have already had items stolen but a great deal of work is taking place across Sheffield in partnership with other agencies to target those who are not legitimate scrap metal collectors and instead take items they shouldnt.

Please see the link to our website which shows the results of yesterdays operation. The operation was supported by Woodhouse and Mosborough as well as Manor and Arbourthorne SNAs.

http://neighbourhood.southyorkshire.police.uk/info/woodhouse/23062011

regards

No consolation to those who have already had items stolen but a great deal of work is taking place across Sheffield in partnership with other agencies to target those who are not legitimate scrap metal collectors and instead take items they shouldnt.

Please see the link to our website which shows the results of yesterdays operation. The operation was supported by Woodhouse and Mosborough as well as Manor and Arbourthorne SNAs.

http://neighbourhood.southyorkshire.police.uk/info/woodhouse/23062011

regards

This operation needs to be performed throughout Sheffield. I live in Totley and had two radiators stolen from outside my house by scrap men. The police couldn't do anything as my neighbour wasn't sure they had the correct licence plate. It's wrong when you can't buy things for your garden for fear of them being stolen, I was going to get a new metal garden table and chairs but I daren't because the scrap men will just steal it!!

Are you sure it was scrap men who broke into you shed and just not common thievies??

yes as they only took the metal stuff

there was other car parts (lights etc) and garden furniture which would be worth more to sell on, but they only took what they could weigh in within a matter of hours

and the neighbour saw them in the flatbed truck and recognised them as having been round before. (he identified him in an ID parade but as usual that wasnt enough to secure any conviction so they got away with it)