At Home Supper Club MEGAThread

komal

there was a supper style programme on tv not long ago. A lot of the places made a lot of money. Could be a good idea! Just have to do a bit of research on the issue of using your own home as a possible business and the extra tax you might have to pay/insurance on your home.

• 4 weeks later...
Very popular in bigger cities in the UK? So, that's just 3 cities in England plus Glasgow I assume?

I think it's less to do with the size of the city, more about the culture of the place and social status. I lived in the south of England for a while, in a rather nice well to do area, Thames Valley, and it was popular there, even in small villages.

Anyhow, that aside, I think it sounds like a nice idea. There must be some people in Sheffield that don't think £20 is a lot to spend on a meal - might be difficult to find them - but they will be out there somewhere.

It really won't be hard to find people in such a large city that find £20 for three courses virtually nothing at all... You'd pay that and more cooking your own meals (inc time and gas/electric)... God only knows what Tup eats! Chum?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi RosyRat,

Thanks for the link. I have checked it out and looks really interesting but no new dates in 2013. I will email them to find out more. I've done a little trawl on google for supper clubs in Derbyshire (I'm in the south of Sheffield so fairly easy to get to). Just for your info I've come up with this supper club in Bakewell and also this generic supper club website which I will investigate further and let you know more. I'm surprised that there aren't more supper clubs in Sheffield. I would of thought with the foodie culture here that there would be more choice of supper clubs but maybe I don't mix in the right circles?