Yellow 'Bikers Beware' signs on Ecclesall Road

What's the story about the yellow plastic 'Bikers Beware' signs that have appeared on Ecclesall Road? They appeared recently on many lamp posts and look amateur and a bit 'third world'.

Does anyone know who put them up and what they are for. They don't look like something that the council have put up so who is putting up these signs? The meaning isn't clear either. Is it us that bikers should beware of of is it bikers that should beware of us?

I'm scared to go out of my house now.

You are scared to go out of your house due to someone sticking signs up saying bikers beware?

You are scared to go out of your house due to someone sticking signs up saying bikers beware?

Yes. My human rights have been abused.

OK. I'll bite. How have your human right been abused? :loopy:

given the fact that there have been quite a few accidents involving motorcycles on this road i would have thought that these signs were quite self explanatory and as for being scared to come out of your house what on earth is that al about ?

at a rough guess, I'd say he's a biker, and he's not sure what he needs to beware of ...

Other than that, he's just having a laugh?:D

ive always wanted to add a few chioce words on thoses posters

Beware of ****** Bikers

Those 6 * characters could also stand for,

Car Drivers, With CBT, Pretending tobe - Bikers

As these are often the worst riders out there. Me and our lass nearly got took clean out by some chuff who cut right across us, comming of a round about and still oblivious to our presence when blasting the horn at him. When accosted about his near leathal manuveur, his reply was "S'all right fella, I've done my CBT and know how to ride" as he takes his helmet off to reveal his ipod earphones.

I concur that there are a number of crap riders out there, but for every crap riders, there's at least 5 crap car drivers (the recent woodseats bollard thread kinda proves this).

Other than that, he's just having a laugh?:D

(Shhhhhhhh!)

I think that the bus lanes on Ecclesall Rd have recentley changed to allow motorcycles as permited vehicles. Maybe the signs have been put up to warn of the possibility of bikes passing on the left in the bus lane.Or maybe not.But whatever they have caused discusion and that may just cause someone to think bike when previously they may not have.

Please-THINK BIKE!

I think that the bus lanes on Ecclesall Rd have recentley changed to allow motorcycles as permited vehicles. Maybe the signs have been put up to warn of the possibility of bikes passing on the left in the bus lane.Or maybe not.But whatever they have caused discusion and that may just cause someone to think bike when previously they may not have.

Please-THINK BIKE!

this is correct they are advising that the buss lane has changed to allow motor bikes too yippie.....