Nvq would that get me to a nurseing carer?

Hi I'm just about to start my nvq 2 as a carer and this takes about 1 year to complete but wonderd when I finish my course along with my key skills would I be able to apply for either a nursing course or a midwifery course it's so confuseing at times so please help lol x

Not prejudging but does key skills warrant a GCSE?

As a basic:

Grade C English and Maths GCSE. Not going to get far without these.

Various courses to get into Uni.

Highly competitive

Not prejudging but does key skills warrant a GCSE?

As a basic:

Grade C English and Maths GCSE. Not going to get far without these.

Various courses to get into Uni.

Highly competitive

Keyskills L2 is equivalent to GCSE grade C... You get a L1 with a L2 NVQ though... Practical degrees demand prior experience these days too, so having gained a L2 and worked in care will do far more for a applicant than GCSE results...

Keyskills L2 is equivalent to GCSE grade C... You get a L1 with a L2 NVQ though... Practical degrees demand prior experience these days too, so having gained a L2 and worked in care will do far more for a applicant than GCSE results...

I would think the OP would be better retaking GCSEs if needed.

Key Skills certificate Vs GCSEs - with so many applicants and a degree being higher education then I would advise GCSEs every time.

You can do a course that gives you the equivalent of gcse maths and English too, my friend did it alongside the access course- will try to find details but Sheffield college would know. It wasn't a long or hard course.

You can do a course that gives you the equivalent of gcse maths and English too, my friend did it alongside the access course- will try to find details but Sheffield college would know. It wasn't a long or hard course.

That'll be keyskills... It's a popular option for people who are doing care level 4 quals, both in nursing and childcare...

I would think the OP would be better retaking GCSEs if needed.

Key Skills certificate Vs GCSEs - with so many applicants and a degree being higher education then I would advise GCSEs every time.

Uni doesn't generally ask for GCSE results though, but they do want to see some decent level 3 work, be it A levels or NVQ/diplomas... Nursing degrees require some prior experience these days though, so successful applicants will no doubt have worked in a care environment and have their L2 and L3 H&SC NVQ/diploma - and with these, you have to also do keyskills, so killing two birds with one stone...

Looks as though the OP needs some literacy assistance too, looking at the OP? No offence meant, but there are places who can help with this, as the pressure of a degree may be a step too far at present...

That'll be keyskills... It's a popular option for people who are doing care level 4 quals, both in nursing and childcare...

Ah right, sorry didn't see all replies earlier as was on my phone. Back then (2007-2008) she did it via Learn Direct I think, one of them??! I forget the details now, am sure you will know :)

think you need c above in English and maths , its all about building it up learning as you go it is hard to get into i think your science may be important too. i applied before but got declined :( am currently going to do a level 3 in childcare- if its your dream do research you can always check on courses what are the entry requirements and build till you have them covered and apply with an excellent personal profile letter makes all the difference- advice I was given too late.. make use of it if you can

in answer directly to your op as above state think you need level 3 and the access course which is one year i am lead to believe, and then you do the course intended ie your midwifery/nursing in your case, for 3 years or how ever long the course you undertake is in itself