Sheffield transport dept

would like to contact anyone working for s.t.dept from 1961 - 67. herries rd depot . & greenlane.

You should have been at Hillsborough WMC on Saturday night we had an Herries Road Re-union there were hundreds of us

hi ,i worked at herries rd early 60s as apprentice electrician , do you know of peter marsh, ken naylor , jimmy wrag , ken cowley . i emmigrated to nz in 67 so have been out of touch for yonks . regards cambridge.

when you say there were hundreds meaning more than 1 name some

eckardt ibbotson hooper roper sawyer roberts bullivant kerrigan ulyatt hallam molloy simpson. haslam by the tone of your post you seem to have a problem Gordon

sorry if it sounded like that john 65 but it is not it was just someone told me it was not as well attended as in the past i did not know there was to be a reunion or i may have attended myself

Cheers Gordon I know there were not as many as the last one 3 years ago and maybe I got the numbers a bit wrong we reckon now by the book we had on the door there were about 150 this time. I organised it early January by popular request booked the room and started to spread the word then I did put a post on here and I also set up an Herries Road Re-union group on Facebook, sorry you missed it it was a good night the diesel fumes very thick as you can imagine. Hope you can make the next one in 3 years. I was at Herries from 1974 to when they closed, I retired at 65 in 2008 it's not the same job now Gordon as you probably know. Regards John

worked at Heries rd quite a bit --in fact I took all the letters down from above the front of the garage-Sheffield Corporation Transport---about 1974--went up the ladder 29 times to do it---whilst my mate footed it and never went up once---------remember Ken Cowley very well died in his 40,s and was a great music (and hi fi ) connousere --pity he never got to know the wizardry of MP3 digital music--he would be spinning in his grave at 33 RPM---great times but very little money

Edited by slammindoor
spelling

eckardt ibbotson hooper roper sawyer roberts bullivant kerrigan ulyatt hallam molloy simpson. haslam by the tone of your post you seem to have a problem Gordon

Must have been Brian, Maurice, Ray, Johnny, Jack, Pete, Mick, two I can't remember then Bob off nights & another Pete?

Just come across this thread (a bit belated) I worked at Herries from 1957 to 61ish as fitters apprentice, here's a few more names for you all, what about Pete Brooks, Kieth Ward, Alan Fletcher, Fred Wall, Jack Croxford, Wilf Keeley, not forgetting"Dumps" can't remember his name, forerman Jack Brooks, Apprentices Dave Smith, Dave Brooke, & two called peter Swift, other names, Chris Shepherd, Charlie Sidebottom, Storeman Jim Croxford, Office staff Alan Clarkson & Alan Smith, plus many more I simply can't remember