Bike stolen today on the Moor..

MazR

Most of the bike thefts are committed by the same guy, SYP know about him but they can't be arsed to act, he's been at it well over a decade and thinks nothing of doing it in broad daylight.

He has over 80 convictions for theft. :rolleyes:

Is this bloke the smackhead in Broomhall? I've heard he walks about with boltcutters so he can nick, sell and buy his fix in the shortest period of time possible.

Those of us who ride feel your pain...

If you want to, you could tell us what your steed looks like and we can keep an eye out for it. Incidentally, what sort of lock was it? I tend to use a D lock and a cable.

Thanks...it was white and gold, only small (cos I am :)), a hybrid from Decathlon...it had a curved, kind of retro bar...not worth much, but very important to me. And, it was just a cable lock, as I'd lost the keys to the original proper thick metal rope lock (I couldn't afford to pay much for a new one cos I'm on the dole since being made redundant last year). Really didn't think anyone would cut through it in broad daylight...it'll be a D lock for me from no on, no matter what the cost.

Thanks...it was white and gold, only small (cos I am :)), a hybrid from Decathlon...it had a curved, kind of retro bar...not worth much, but very important to me. And, it was just a cable lock, as I'd lost the keys to the original proper thick metal rope lock (I couldn't afford to pay much for a new one cos I'm on the dole since being made redundant last year). Really didn't think anyone would cut through it in broad daylight...it'll be a D lock for me from no on, no matter what the cost.

Should always use two types of locks and dont use a

with a circular key..

I live on Charlotte Road (next to Brammal Lane FC), and my housemate's bike was stolen out of our back garden in the middle of the day last week :(

From our upstairs window I can sometimes spot scumbags lurking in the back gardens of our neighbours, looking in windows and such. The police do not want to know. Our house has been broken into 3 times in as many years, the last time they got in through an upstairs window and even kicked in my bedroom (attic) door whilst our housemate was downstairs. Sigh. My friend on Priestly Street had a thief sneak into his kitchen and steal his car keys, the first he knew of it was when he realised his car was missing.

I'm so thoroughly fed up. Last year a group of young lads tried to snatch my handbag from my hands outside my door. The police caught the main culprit (he tried to do it to somebody else and was apprehended), and I had to ID him in a parade. He was 12 years old!! After admitting what he did, he was let off with a "supervision order" because of his age.

I don't leave anything valuable in my house anymore, my laptop and jewellery are locked in a drawer at work.

I hate this town. I can't wait to leave.

I live in S8, and none of those things have ever happened to me - you wouldn't have to leave sheff to get away from all the pikeys, just move a bit further up the road :)

Should always use two types of locks and dont use a
with a circular key..

Why, what's up with a d lock with a circle key? So far I may have just been lucky, or it might be the fact that my bike is ancient and worthless, but I've always used this sort of lock without losing my bike?

I am sorry to hear of your loss. What a despicable thing to do.