Can the police take my pitbike even though i wasn't riding it?

if you have a vehicle with an engine and it is not taxed, MoT Tested and insured your bike 'is no longer there' (not sure about that bit it's foreign to my eyes)

Translation of translation: "if you have a vehicle with an engine and it is not taxed, MoT Tested and insured your bike will be confiscated" (as in, it's gone!) :)

Translation of translation: "if you have a vehicle with an engine and it is not taxed, MoT Tested and insured your bike will be confiscated" (as in, it's gone!) :)

Thank you :)

And if you look at the previous comments it clearly says it was at a friends house most of the day, he was trying to fix it.

i was filling my new car up the other month. higher tax higher insurance (even with 15 years ncb) £75 TO FILL IT! this kid rides in on a mini motor bike. totally illegal on the road. fills up. so while he was paying i called the police. as he pulled out they got him. result. the kid had the cheek to kick off, very funny.

i was filling my new car up the other month. higher tax higher insurance (even with 15 years ncb) £75 TO FILL IT! this kid rides in on a mini motor bike. totally illegal on the road. fills up. so while he was paying i called the police. as he pulled out they got him. result. the kid had the cheek to kick off, very funny.

Is the police station next door or was there a queue because that was very quick :suspect:

Is the police station next door or was there a queue because that was very quick :suspect:

abit of both, the police let me know a few days later that the bike was crushed. RESULT.

abit of both, the police let me know a few days later that the bike was crushed. RESULT.

:hihi::hihi: did they remove the rider?

Hi, just wondering if the police can take a pitbike without me even riding it? I had mine took on thursday, the policeman in the car said he had seen me riding it when I wasn't because it had no chain on it and was leaking petrol from the carb.

if your on a road or pavement they can its got to be insured if its on the fields they have to give you a warning with some sort of paperwork this last 12 months i know this as i was stopped on my quad in prince petrol station if you get caught within 12 months they take it no questions :(

So, what have the police told you? Have you not called and asked them why they took it?

Just put it down to experience. Plods can do owt they want, sad but true.

Regards

Angel.

I was pushing it back on the path

It doesn't matter though - if it's in a public place or on the highway it needs tax, test, insurance etc, and you need a licence. It matters not if it cannot be started - it's still a mechanically propelled vehicle.