Who works at virgin media?

im considering applying to virgin media, just wanted some advice, whats the company like to work for and is it a good atmosphere as most call centres are rubbish and people dont have nice things to say about them??

cheers

I'm currently working for Virgin Media on a 2-10 shift and I'm there now. If you're going to apply you'll be applying through Hays Recruitment. Because the place is inbound customer service the atmosphere differs to your typical sales environment so while there is targets it's less stressful achieving them. I'd highly reccommended it if you're used to the call centre environment. The people that work there are fantastic and make the day a lot less like work. THUMBS UP, if not i've heard sky are opening a call centre in the centre of town apparently there still taking interviews...

Don't do it, I worked there for nearly 3 years and hated it, the perks are not bad, used to be 50 meg broadband, all the standard tv channels and phone line for about £10 per month but the shifts pattern used to be 2 weeks of 8.30 - 5.00 then 2 weeks of 1.30 - 10 and you will also have to work 2 - 3 Saturdays and at least 1 Sunday and some of the customers are awful, if your used to call centre work then you will probably be used to it but I'd never go back.

Don't do it, I worked there for nearly 3 years and hated it, the perks are not bad, used to be 50 meg broadband, all the standard tv channels and phone line for about £10 per month but the shifts pattern used to be 2 weeks of 8.30 - 5.00 then 2 weeks of 1.30 - 10 and you will also have to work 2 - 3 Saturdays and at least 1 Sunday and some of the customers are awful, if your used to call centre work then you will probably be used to it but I'd never go back.

if you were there for 3 years surely it couldn't have been that bad. Maybe not ideal, but surely not that bad!

Be just like any corporate call centre environment, if you dont mind lower than average wages, timed loo breaks and little scope for autonomy / decision making go for it.

if you were there for 3 years surely it couldn't have been that bad. Maybe not ideal, but surely not that bad!

It was a job and I had no other option

It was a job and I had no other option

Fair enough

I applied for a job here a couple of months back. I had a telephone interview then an email to say i had passed the interview and now waiting for a date to invite me for the assessment stage. I then got an email saying there were no more vacancies and were reviewing the situation mid-May. I just thought it was a bizarre situation to put someone through all that for nothing.

i know someone who works at virgin media and he hates it....just wont leave cos hes on good money!!

My OH is at Virgin Media but he's in the corporate side (so not the call centre). He seems to like it and he's constantly coming home with useful free gifts like mugs and books. They also seem to have lots of events for their staff - they had a BBQ recently with drinks and food paid for and had a mini party with champagne for some landmark event too.

From what I can tell they spend a lot of money on their staff. Plus you can wear what you want.

Not sure if that helps at all?

Niece starting here soon, any recent updates from people working here?

im considering applying to virgin media, just wanted some advice, whats the company like to work for and is it a good atmosphere as most call centres are rubbish and people dont have nice things to say about them??

cheers

I don't know if this is going to answer your question in any way but the call centres that are abroad are rubbish. I can't hear half of what they are saying, as if I'm talking to a robot that doesn't understand the human language. But as I said, that's the ones from abroad.

Whether the same standards are also in the UK I'm not sure.