Ecclesall Road. Is it still a good night out?

zippyzag1

Crookesey, you couldn't make that up could you?

Mrs Jenkins said he was from a wealthy family. Also remember glass collectors in white jackets, they looked very smart.

pinhead, Victor went slightly ott at times, but if anyone were to have a go at him they soon got their cards marked, and to be honest Mrs J would have sorted them before any of us minions noticed. You will be a bit young to recall him with his own life sized Honey Monster, he spent hours lecturing it about Germans and Alsatians. :hihi:

I've only been in the Nursery once since it's been nuked, I shouldn't have bothered. :(

pinhead, Victor went slightly ott at times, but if anyone were to have a go at him they soon got their cards marked, and to be honest Mrs J would have sorted them before any of us minions noticed. You will be a bit young to recall him with his own life sized Honey Monster, he spent hours lecturing it about Germans and Alsatians. :hihi:

I've only been in the Nursery once since it's been nuked, I shouldn't have bothered. :(

I do remember him telling us that he once saw a village idiot stop an Aberdeen Angus with a pitchfork. We all sat biting our lips as he told the story not daring to laugh. He certainly was one of life's characters. Although we were highly amused we had enough respect not laugh until he went to the bar or wherever. Not sure he would get that sort of "respect" in there today.

Yes it certainly is a dump these days. Some right filth in now, not sure Mrs J would have tolerated them.

Something else has just come to me.....the smell of the bakery baking the next day's bread. Do you remember that?

Fake pubs for fake customers-never a real drinkers area as few working claass people lived round there.Remember all the houses round Botanicals are full of solicitors etc-not too many miners and foundry-men in those parts historically

I do remember him telling us that he once saw a village idiot stop an Aberdeen Angus with a pitchfork. We all sat biting our lips as he told the story not daring to laugh. He certainly was one of life's characters. Although we were highly amused we had enough respect not laugh until he went to the bar or wherever. Not sure he would get that sort of "respect" in there today.

Yes it certainly is a dump these days. Some right filth in now, not sure Mrs J would have tolerated them.

Something else has just come to me.....the smell of the bakery baking the next day's bread. Do you remember that?

I can't remember that, but you are one of the few, it's impossible to tell folk how wonderful those days were, Mrs J used to refer to me and my mates as 'Her Boys', that will do me.

Fake pubs for fake customers-never a real drinkers area as few working claass people lived round there.Remember all the houses round Botanicals are full of solicitors etc-not too many miners and foundry-men in those parts historically

Wrong thread for you flower.