Is fifty million quid spent on Burngreave fair to other areas

Richard Cabourn our ex New Labour M.P. has stated on radio Sheffield that the 50 million spent on Burngreave is excellent value for money.

Should this money in your opinion have been shared round or do you think that Burngreave is a special area more deserving than others.

I had no problem with one area being singled out to be helped in the first place but the money has been totally wasted - should be a public enquiry into where the money has gone

Richard Cabourn our ex New Labour M.P. has stated on radio Sheffield that the 50 million spent on Burngreave is excellent value for money.

Should this money in your opinion have been shared round or do you think that Burngreave is a special area more deserving than others.

The point of the money was to try and bring Burngreave's level of deprivation down and closer to the levels in other areas. Sharing the money around with areas that had lower levels of crime, better rates of health, better life expectancy etc might have been more popular but would have negated the point of the exercise and the Government providing the money in the first place.

Whether that money has been well spent by the local community is another question.

Whether that money has been well spent by the local community is another question.

But did the community decide as I thought that it was a committee with its directors and high paid managers that decided where the money was to be spent? Did the community ask for the Bling Bus?

But did the community decide as I thought that it was a committee with its directors and high paid managers that decided where the money was to be spent? Did the community ask for the Bling Bus?

From the very beginning with the appointment of interim managers and then the appointment of very highly paid management structure it has been a law unto itself

The point of the money was to try and bring Burngreave's level of deprivation down and closer to the levels in other areas. Sharing the money around with areas that had lower levels of crime, better rates of health, better life expectancy etc might have been more popular but would have negated the point of the exercise and the Government providing the money in the first place.

So was Burngreaves level of depravation any differant from lets say Darnall,Arbourthorne,Shiregreen etc or was there another reason why this area was singled out for all the sweeties.

you can spend millions of pounds in these areas it doesnt change the people that live there who show no appreciation for it in the slightest - waste of money!

you can spend millions of pounds in these areas it doesnt change the people that live there who show no appreciation for it in the slightest - waste of money!

My post is aimed at the specific areas I.E. Is one place more deserving than another, not the people who live there who just like any other district of Sheffield have good and bad citizens .

that was my point - spend it in an area where it will be appreciated!

I bet a few got rich out of it,its still a dump.

i wouldnt wanna live there thats for sure - its a depressing place to be!

waste of money... like the council do in many other areas..." putting out flower pots dont change the people..." :loopy: