Summer Festivals

Is anyone from sheffield going to Sonisphire Festival This summer? If so how are you getting there?

Infact is anyone on here going to any festivals this year?

Glastonbury and Rhythm Festival already booked for us, maybe Beautiful Days too, would love Hop Farm as the line up looks great but its too close to Glastonbury! :)

I'd love to go to Glastonbury but it takes some organising getting everyone signed up for tickets on time then getting everyone to buy them.

I'm going to Glastonbury, not been for 11 years! Going with my children this time, so won't be quite the same as the good old days!

I need to buy a cheap caravan, if anybody knows of any going cheap, because the thought of traipsing kids& all the tents etc from the car is too much!!

Actually a bit nervous it will of changed too much...

Also going to Bearded Theory, as it's reasonably close, so a good pre-Glastonbury warm up!

Would like to go to Shambala also, but can't imagine we'll afford that aswell!

My 3 lads always go to Download, but this year's Sonisphere has a better line-up so they're going to that for the weekend, and we will all go to Download just for the day to see A7X. Last year we went for the day to Sonsiphere to see Iron Maiden and really enjoyed it - much smaller than Download. Plus the absolute pillock that books bands for Download has rejected Metallica in favour of Def Leppard, saying that the fans are fed up of Metallica :roll: So it's a boycott this year for my sons. If it wasn't for A7x we would boycott it aswell.

We'll be going in the car.

Edited by Vulcan B2

I'm going to Glastonbury, not been for 11 years! Going with my children this time, so won't be quite the same as the good old days!

I need to buy a cheap caravan, if anybody knows of any going cheap, because the thought of traipsing kids& all the tents etc from the car is too much!!

Actually a bit nervous it will of changed too much...

Also going to Bearded Theory, as it's reasonably close, so a good pre-Glastonbury warm up!

Would like to go to Shambala also, but can't imagine we'll afford that aswell!

ive not been to glasto since 2000 either :(

Is anyone from sheffield going to Sonisphire Festival This summer? If so how are you getting there?

Infact is anyone on here going to any festivals this year?

Second thread like this I've found this morning!!

Bloody stop it.

Just say "I'm trying to win free tickets by spamming everywhere with my street team link" and people might do it!

There's one in the interest groups/musician thread as well. If people click their link, they win tickets, so until they're honest about it, I suggest not clicking it.

theres no point in me winning a ticket when ive already got on is there?

Its just one thread thats positive because it seems like everything else on here is just a load of people moaning! I didnt think it would be long untill this one turned into moaning!!

Edit: Also bare in mind the log in to "win tickets" as you say dosent even work.

Edited by jimbob321

Must admit, I loathe to post on this forum, as just about every single thread, whatever it starts of about just turns in to mindless tit for tat moaning and arguing!!

Never ceases to amaze me how it happens, sometimes it's the pc brigade ends up moaning sometimes it's the non pc brigade, car drivers/cyclists, men /women, veggies/mc donalds fans,young/old, rich /poor, dog lovers cat /lovers, gay/ straight, good spellers/ poor spellers,chavs/ hippies,Smokers/ non smokers, black/ White/ yellow or pink!! for <REMOVED> sake can we not just all celebrate diversity, respect all around us, and laugh at/ with ourselves and each other??!!

It would be very boring if we were all the same!

The only true rule to life, is "be kind".

Rant over!! Looking forward to good times at festies with like minded people, even then though there's always at least one <REMOVED> head intent on ruining it!!! Ah sigh!!

Edited by esme
masked swearing

Must admit, I loathe to post on this forum, as just about every single thread, whatever it starts of about just turns in to mindless tit for tat moaning and arguing!!

Never ceases to amaze me how it happens, sometimes it's the pc brigade ends up moaning sometimes it's the non pc brigade, car drivers/cyclists, men /women, veggies/mc donalds fans,young/old, rich /poor, dog lovers cat /lovers, gay/ straight, good spellers/ poor spellers,chavs/ hippies,Smokers/ non smokers, black/ White/ yellow or pink!! for <REMOVED> sake can we not just all celebrate diversity, respect all around us, and laugh at/ with ourselves and each other??!!

It would be very boring if we were all the same!

The only true rule to life, is "be kind".

Rant over!! Looking forward to good times at festies with like minded people, even then though there's always at least one <REMOVED> head intent on ruining it!!! Ah sigh!!

Well said! :clap::clap::clap:

Edited by esme
masked swearing

theres no point in me winning a ticket when ive already got on is there?

Its just one thread thats positive because it seems like everything else on here is just a load of people moaning! I didnt think it would be long untill this one turned into moaning!!

Edit: Also bare in mind the log in to "win tickets" as you say dosent even work.

I don't mean to appear rude, but I'm sorry I don't believe you

Your link is to a street team link. If you'd just wanted to talk about the festival, you'd have linked to the Sonisphere homepage, which doesn't start ...team.sonisphere etc. Your link connects to the homepage of the festival via a counter that registers the "click" to your street team account.

Unless that's an accident of course.

Ahhh quick somebody shoot me down quick, I put of instead of off!!

Oh lord I'm getting drawn in now!