Anyone recommend a mma gym?

AND im been disrespectful because i want to find a gym that has a experience mma coach that has done mma and stating that i did'nt want to train at gb sheffield (john goldson), because hes not done mma.not done anything wrong here. i respect hes a bjj black belt but i don't want to do bjj.

calm down dear.

i simply asked you a few questions,

have you ever had an mma fight? are you a martial artist? what level do you want to fight at? (am - semi - pro)

i'll add to that have you trained mma before? do you know about mma? (ie rules/ techniques/ anything)

i could help and suggest a suitable gym for you, dont get all defensive.

my comment about respect still stands....

will your gb guys stop it,lol. im not digging at john or gb and did'nt in october. just stated facts why i did'nt want to train there. I did want to do bjj at that time to help me do what i want to do which is mma, but relised some of moves in bjj dont work in mma( like the ones that use the gi to submit) also some moves have to be altered to work in mma. i did'nt want to hav this problem of converting the moves so opt for a experienced mma coach. who would know this stuff...TALK ABOUT A WITCH HUNT...

just because i dont want to train at gracie barra you all jump down me neck.

you know bjj has a no gi side aswell right?

mma at the forge is

tuesday 6-7 pad work 7-8 tech 8-830 spar

thurs 6-7 cardio 7-8 tech 8-830 spar

Fri 7-8 nogi grappling

sat 11-1 open mat

Doesn't the fact that Ross trains under JG tell you something? You won't find better grappling tuition in Sheffield, whether they have fought pro or not. Please post the link to your record (MMA universe or otherwise) as I am nosy. Good luck with your training... if you ever do train.

No because ross was a mma fighter before he trained at gb someone at his level can train anywere, their already no what there doing don't need to be taught. john has'nt teach him from scratch

Im looking for a mma coach whos took fighter from scratch to pro level and who fought at mma any level really just knows what its like to have fought.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE IN DARNALL PEPE IS O NUMBER.

seriously

i dont think you will find what you want, without going somewhere like wolfsliar or rough house.

you seem to want a pro gym, and that just doesnt exist around here.

john has fighters from amature to pro

pepe has fighter from amature to pro but the guys all cross train at each others gyms

sam boult is the most up and coming fighter in sheffield, he trains wrestling and mma with pepe and grappling and mma with us. what doe that tell you.

pepe is great john is great, they doth train fighters.

listen, train where you want, do what you want, be happy and have fun.

ps could you answer my questions from earlyer please, i would be happy to offer my advice.

calm down dear.

i simply asked you a few questions,

have you ever had an mma fight? are you a martial artist? what level do you want to fight at? (am - semi - pro)

i'll add to that have you trained mma before? do you know about mma? (ie rules/ techniques/ anything)

i could help and suggest a suitable gym for you, dont get all defensive.

my comment about respect still stands....

now all this is getting silly, but il answer your questions just for the which hunt, why i need to tell you my iq for simply askng were to find a experienced mma coach i don't no. shotokan, thai,boxing yes have competed.

i respect all martial artist at any level.

and would'nt disrespect. if i have done this state when?

Hey I didn't 'jump down me neck'

seriously

i dont think you will find what you want, without going somewhere like wolfsliar or rough house.

you seem to want a pro gym, and that just doesnt exist around here.

john has fighters from amature to pro

pepe has fighter from amature to pro but the guys all cross train at each others gyms

sam boult is the most up and coming fighter in sheffield, he trains wrestling and mma with pepe and grappling and mma with us. what doe that tell you.

pepe is great john is great, they doth train fighters.

listen, train where you want, do what you want, be happy and have fun.

ps could you answer my questions from earlyer please, i would be happy to offer my advice.

thank you..this is more the reply & info im after, did'nt really want to travel that for, but it sounds like thes nothing near by.

Hey I didn't 'jump down me neck'

lol..no you did'nt ..do you no of pepe? do you hav contact detail?

lol..no you did'nt ..do you no of pepe? do you hav contact detail?

Ross knows Peps, as do I, listen mate, the world is full of great coaches/trainers who have never reached great heights, boxing is full of them (if I have to list a few for you I will) so why not do as a few people have said and go and try a few places and see what works for you.

Most people on here are offering you good advice, so why not take it?

Not sure what Paul Powers has ever achieved, but know he has also trained some very good Sheffield fighters, including young McGovan (Paul's Lad), so another one for you to try.

now all this is getting silly, but il answer your questions just for the which hunt, why i need to tell you my iq for simply askng were to find a experienced mma coach i don't no. shotokan, thai,boxing yes have competed.

i respect all martial artist at any level.

and would'nt disrespect. if i have done this state when?

its not a witch hunt, these thing are important. you may be a striker (neededing more ground work) or you may be a grappler (needing more striking) if you want to fight pro then again that will effect you choices, if you've had mma fights then you will know that your cardio needs to be top dog. etc etc etc

like most people said, go and train where you want.

if it helps you.....

GSP current UFC Champ works his ground game with our bjj instructor Lagarto

Hey guys,

My advice to you Big Mick is if you really want to be a pro fighter and not just have a pro rules fight (theres a big difference) is to change your view about the qualification of your coaches. Its my professional opinion that there is no such thing as a MMA coach. All pro fighters, fighting under any rules that i have met and train with all have a number of coaches for different reasons and not all of them have fought. Take for example John Danaher, never competed MMA or bjj to any great level but is one of the most sought after ground coaches in MMA. (foot note, your also wrong on my competing but Im not getting dragged into that)

Going back to finding a gym, depending on what you are wanting ie to fight pro rules or be a pro fighter. Have a pro rules fight train anywhere they say I teach MMA or even better I teach UFC. If you want to be a pro fighter, be willing to travel to the very few gyms in the UK that can offer all coaches under one roof such as Roughhouse. Or if your not willing to travel look at fighters like Sam Boult to see what they are doing which is training at 3 plus gym for what you need.

One more thing. Dont diss the gi, if these guys are will ing to put one on to progress in mma I think its a lesson to all people that want to fight.

http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/photo.php?fbid=198173963537824&set=t.664880692&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=156521327718205&set=t.100001214972125#!/photo.php?fbid=172103986173433&set=a.169007579816407.53665.100001214972125&theater

Hope the above work.

Regards

John

Hey guys,

My advice to you Big Mick is if you really want to be a pro fighter and not just have a pro rules fight (theres a big difference) is to change your view about the qualification of your coaches. Its my professional opinion that there is no such thing as a MMA coach. All pro fighters, fighting under any rules that i have met and train with all have a number of coaches for different reasons and not all of them have fought. Take for example John Danaher, never competed MMA or bjj to any great level but is one of the most sought after ground coaches in MMA. (foot note, your also wrong on my competing but Im not getting dragged into that)

Going back to finding a gym, depending on what you are wanting ie to fight pro rules or be a pro fighter. Have a pro rules fight train anywhere they say I teach MMA or even better I teach UFC. If you want to be a pro fighter, be willing to travel to the very few gyms in the UK that can offer all coaches under one roof such as Roughhouse. Or if your not willing to travel look at fighters like Sam Boult to see what they are doing which is training at 3 plus gym for what you need.

One more thing. Dont diss the gi, if these guys are will ing to put one on to progress in mma I think its a lesson to all people that want to fight.

http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/photo.php?fbid=198173963537824&set=t.664880692&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=156521327718205&set=t.100001214972125#!/photo.php?fbid=172103986173433&set=a.169007579816407.53665.100001214972125&theater

Hope the above work.

Regards

John

im not saying you can't be an mma coach if you never done mma, its just my personal preference that i want a coach thats competed mma. i would'nt diss a gi as ive worn a suit in my art many times. just did'nt want to worry about the covert from gi to nogi. your all saying your trying to help but no ones telling me were abouts pepes gym is in darnell or a contact number cant find nothing on net.