Anyone recommend a mma gym?

Has Greg Jackson ever competed in MMA?

Sherdog rank his team as having the highest winning percentage in MMA.

Theres no point arguing with an idiot mate, lol.

Pep doesn't train in Hillsborough anymore. His club is in Darnall. He is an awesome coach too.

You won't get anyone better on the ground in Sheffield than John though. Go to both clubs. It'll make you a better fighter.

Peps is great, and yes he has fought.

I have not trained for a few years due to work/home life getting in the way, but always enjoyed training with Pep.

keep your 20p

iv heard (gracie barra) john goldson is a good bjj coach but i like to compete and when i do i like to know my corner knows what its like to go throught what im going through when im doing it. anyway i don't want to do bjj i want to do mma john has'nt done mma so hes no good for ME.

do i think bolts coach was a record breaker NO but expect him to have been a runner before he coaches it.

do i think einstein teachers was famous scientists NO but expect them to have learnt science before teaching it.

bjj is not mma. some people may use bjj in mma fights but mma is the full package. just want to train under somone that really knows & done mma.

thanks bjjman for the info.

I can understand what you are saying, but Ross P, who posts on here, trains at the Forge, and Ross is/was a great MMA fighter, won titles, etc., and if he says The Forge is the place to train then that is good enough for me.

Why not give a few clubs a try.

afternoon, seems a moot point but john has competed in mma.

have you ever had an mma fight? are you a martial artist? what level do you want to fight at? just wondered

but

mark bottom at ekbjj is a purple belt and has had mma experience

billy glossop (bjj rank not sure ive never asked) fights mma

try them, but teams dont tend to like people who arent respectful, especially to people who earn a bjj black belt.

Edited by BarraGergus
spelling

Open your own gym/ team.

Theres no point arguing with an idiot mate, lol.

im an idot... i asked to see if anyone new a good mma place good meaning (experienced mma coach) you gave me a experienced bjj coach / novice mma coach whos not done mma.

i bet i if i asked for kickboxing coach you send me a boxing coach.

AND IM THE IDIOT LOL.

and before you start i know hes training some mma fighters but there was doing mma before he coached mma. there are not his prodigies.

ALL IM SAYING IS ITS NOT FOR ME.

im going to giv pepe place ago ...who his mark bottom were is gym?

Now you've mentioned Kickboxing wont be long till Farhad jumps in. Which would only increase this threads Win content.

afternoon, seems a moot point but john has competed in mma.

have you ever had an mma fight? are you a martial artist? what level do you want to fight at? just wondered

but

mark bottom at ekbjj is a purple belt and has had mma experience

billy glossop (bjj rank not sure ive never asked) fights mma

try them, but teams dont tend to like people who arent respectful, especially to people who earn a bjj black belt.

AND im been disrespectful because i want to find a gym that has a experience mma coach that has done mma and stating that i did'nt want to train at gb sheffield (john goldson), because hes not done mma.not done anything wrong here. i respect hes a bjj black belt but i don't want to do bjj.

Open your own gym/ team.

you open your own gym you would be the ideal coach that im looking for.

AND im been disrespectful because i want to find a gym that has a experience mma coach that has done mma and stating that i did'nt want to train at gb sheffield (john goldson), because hes not done mma.not done anything wrong here. i respect hes a bjj black belt but i don't want to do bjj.

You wanted to do BJJ in October according to your earlier posts and had a dig at Gracie Barra then. Have you managed to get on the mat yet - or have you decided to move to MMA? Funny thing but when I read your first post about John I knew exactly how this thread was going to go. John is big enough and (certainly) ugly enough to look after himself, but in terms of cornering he has cornered (along with Pep at times) a number of excellent guys. Indeed he cornered Big Dave (can't remember his second name) against Jeff Monson before Christmas. By the tone of your posts and your earlier ones I'm sure that's not good enough for you. I just hope you do start training somewhere...eventually. Noel

you open your own gym you would be the ideal coach that im looking for.

Doesn't the fact that Ross trains under JG tell you something? You won't find better grappling tuition in Sheffield, whether they have fought pro or not. Please post the link to your record (MMA universe or otherwise) as I am nosy. Good luck with your training... if you ever do train.

You wanted to do BJJ in October according to your earlier posts and had a dig at Gracie Barra then. Have you managed to get on the mat yet - or have you decided to move to MMA? Funny thing but when I read your first post about John I knew exactly how this thread was going to go. John is big enough and (certainly) ugly enough to look after himself, but in terms of cornering he has cornered (along with Pep at times) a number of excellent guys. Indeed he cornered Big Dave (can't remember his second name) against Jeff Monson before Christmas. By the tone of your posts and your earlier ones I'm sure that's not good enough for you. I just hope you do start training somewhere...eventually. Noel

will your gb guys stop it,lol. im not digging at john or gb and did'nt in october. just stated facts why i did'nt want to train there. I did want to do bjj at that time to help me do what i want to do which is mma, but relised some of moves in bjj dont work in mma( like the ones that use the gi to submit) also some moves have to be altered to work in mma. i did'nt want to hav this problem of converting the moves so opt for a experienced mma coach. who would know this stuff...TALK ABOUT A WITCH HUNT...

just because i dont want to train at gracie barra you all jump down me neck.