Bug/illness going around?

hi all, my 3 year old son has recently had a really nasty illness..

-vomiting

- high temp

- headache

- tummy ache

- ear ache

- tiredness

- moody

- jaw aching..

he saw a doctor and all they said was keep him cool, plenty of fluids, and calpol

but his high temp just wont go away ( only goes when he has calpol but comes back an hour later), and the doctor wont do anything else, just wondering if anyone else has had it or their child has and how long did it go on for? the doc never actually said what it was just a bug but this has been going on for 4 days now and hes getting a bit fed up! thanx!

hi all, my 3 year old son has recently had a really nasty illness..

-vomiting

- high temp

- headache

- tummy ache

- ear ache

- tiredness

- moody

- jaw aching..

he saw a doctor and all they said was keep him cool, plenty of fluids, and calpol

but his high temp just wont go away ( only goes when he has calpol but comes back an hour later), and the doctor wont do anything else, just wondering if anyone else has had it or their child has and how long did it go on for? the doc never actually said what it was just a bug but this has been going on for 4 days now and hes getting a bit fed up! thanx!

It sounds like the wretched thing my wife and i have been suffering with.

Just starting to abate after about 6 days

Lasted about a week in my 16 month old son.

All you can do is keep them cool, try ibuprofen if Calpol not doing the trick.

My son has had this, he has been the docs who said this bug has been around since november time, he is fine now 5 days after but still cant eat properly, she said to keep him off school for about a week.

I'm just up and about after 3 days but no strength at all, I feel sorry for the little ones who are suffering, it's horrible.