Sheffield residents to get drinking water boost

all the last weeks publicity is tied in with the recent 4%+ hike planned to water rates i believe, would YW care to comment on why they are pushing prices north like other utlility companies and what their profit margin is this yr, rather than publicising the spending they should be doing anyway on infrastructure.

Probably not. I reckon the SF account is just for press releases.

Will the proposed works have any impact on river levels or waterquality downstream from the Treatment Works?

Thank you for your interest in this scheme. Neither phase of this project will affect the river levels downstream or the river quality.

For more info please - http://www.yorkshirewater.com/rivelin

prob posted so they can put the water rates up and justify them! lol

The average water and sewerage bill in Yorkshire will rise by 3.4% in 2011/12 to £339. Although this represents a rise of £11, it still means that most customers will be paying only 93p per day for the water and sewerage.

For more info please visit - http://www.yorkshirewater.com/value

The average water and sewerage bill in Yorkshire will rise by 3.4% in 2011/12 to £339. Although this represents a rise of £11, it still means that most customers will be paying only 93p per day for the water and sewerage.

Were your other 17 posts as entertaining as these two....?

Will the proposed works have any impact on river levels or water quality downstream from the Treatment Works?

Thankfully no -because the water treated at the treatment works at Rivelin does not take water from the river. The water impounded at Rivelin is brought their from many sources and in any case the amount and quality of water below every dam, is regulated by law.

But I suppose the hydrology and ecology of any river is always affected by humans and unwise decisions have been made around Sheffield in the past and in recent times.

And let's face it - yes I mean you whingers who posted earlier - that's pretty fantastic value for money isn't it?

Especially when you consider that there are millions of poor sods in the world who have to walk miles to get dirty water and die of diarrhoea.

And let's face it - yes I mean you whingers who posted earlier - that's pretty fantastic value for money isn't it?

Especially when you consider that there are millions of poor sods in the world who have to walk miles to get dirty water and die of diarrhoea.

It's all relevant and have you never posted just for the fun of it or is your sense of humour perhaps as flat as your name suggests?

i'd rather not be made profit on for someone to provide drinking water which is a basic human need. water should be provided as a non profit making concern, any excess should go back into improving the service not to shareholders.

water companies should be improving the amount of leaks and pollution incidents they have rather than overcharging us as customers.

saying all that water is probably the least rip off of all the essential utilities we have no choice but to buy to live.

i'd rather not be made profit on for someone to provide drinking water which is a basic human need. water should be provided as a non profit making concern, any excess should go back into improving the service not to shareholders.

water companies should be improving the amount of leaks and pollution incidents they have rather than overcharging us as customers.

saying all that water is probably the least rip off of all the essential utilities we have no choice but to buy to live.

93 pence day for all the water you can use? You think that's overcharging?

93 pence day for all the water you can use? You think that's overcharging?

yes i do, thats over £300 a year per household for a basic human need which could be almost given away. the actual cost without any gross profit might be something like say 25p per day, for something that they get for free.

add in the costs of providing it to point of use and without ANY profit, and tell me what it should cost. all utility companies are ripping us off, or are you happy to just keep on paying regardless?