Decent Fireworks displays

Does anybody know of places that will be holding a good fireworks display this year?

A couple of years back we went to After Dark at Don Valley Bowl and would consider that again as it was excellent though maybe a bit too crowded. I was hoping to find out if any pubs etc will be holding a display and revisit some childhood memories of standing outside with family munching on hot jacket potatoes and hotdogs :D

We live close to the city centre and on the tram route so that would be our easiest method of transport around the city.

I'm hoping for generally some great fireworks and some proper 'bonfire night grub' ;)

Any ideas?

i would recomend you go to After Dark again, i went last year and it was ace and well worth the money i paid to get in :thumbsup:

I normally go to the do at the Fat Cat pub, next to Kelham Island museum. In the yard outside they have a bonfire and BBQ, and a small fireworks display. They have the beer garden lit up nicely, and as the event is really popular and the bar in the pub gets so busy, they have an outside bar in the beer garden too.

I've been to the Fat Cat for the last few years but am looking for an alternative this year. Last year they moved the fire to one end of the yard and moved the fireworks - probably due to more stringent H & S rules and it just seemed to lack the excitement of previous years. Also it has become the victim of its own success - absolutely packed, queues for beer and toilets. It will be especially crowded this year as its a Saturday. I may go again in future on a rainy midweek night.

Chelsea Park.

Apparently this message was too short, so I have to add some more words. So here they are.

I know there is the large event at Don Valley, but I was wondering if there were any other events around the city - in parks etc???

parks dont seem to be on nowadays, theres stock cars at owlereton stadium with fireworks for a night out if you like:)

So far looking like we'll go to After Dark again. I'm surprised not more have been mentioned but then all the rules and regulations make things harder I suppose.

The new rules I do agree with though entirely. It seems much quieter this year and less likely to have a banger launched out of nowhere at any given moment!!

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/parks-woodlands--countryside/events/major-outdoor-events/after-dark

The view from Bole Hill Park is pretty amazing!

Hi Kblade,

The Bride Inn on Heeley Bottom are having a bonfire night do, but it is on friday 4th 6-10pm, looks like it maight be a good night for the kids, food & various stalls etc. I saw it advertised on a poster outside carfield school.

Sheffield Works Dept Social Club on Heeley Bank Road do something every year, the fireworks are really good, (I see them out of my front room window) I've been told there is a buffet as well, £1.00 per ticket, But i don't know if you have to be a member to get tickets. Hope you get fixed up.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Some one has mentioned to me that there is something on at the Police sports ground (Niagra?) on Saturday. Anyone know if this is true/got any details? Ta!! :clap: