Warning to all council tenants about fire insurance

Good point, but there's no way I'm leaving my stuff in his Allegro.

Can you leave my Allegro out of this, It's been in the family for years and:

A) I dont want it catching fire

B) I dont want Rampents furniture in it, I've just had a new set of zebra skin seat covers fitted!

have a heart some of you people, their are innocent people out there who have lost their home to fire due to faulty electrics that the damn council havent got off their arses to repair because they have been sat in their nice warm kier vans supping coffee and stuffing their faces with bacon butties, dnt anybody try telling me this isnt true as ive seen them every morning up at margetson shops, you guys so **** me off think about the people this as happened to before puling them down, a certain family this has happened to has three kids one of whom is disabled.

People who live in Council property are only responsible for insuring the contents and not the actual building - the Council are responsible for this as the property belongs to them.

It's the same if you rent a property with a private landlord - you only have to insure the contents and not the property.

Believe me, if you have a fire in it there will be a good chance you will be re-charged.

As someone has already said, if you didnt, what would stop any tom, dick or harry burning there flat down if they dont like living there?

have a heart some of you people, their are innocent people out there who have lost their home to fire due to faulty electrics that the damn council havent got off their arses to repair because they have been sat in their nice warm kier vans supping coffee and stuffing their faces with bacon butties, dnt anybody try telling me this isnt true as ive seen them every morning up at margetson shops, you guys so **** me off think about the people this as happened to before puling them down, a certain family this has happened to has three kids one of whom is disabled.

if its the family im thinking of its an awful thing to have happenned to them with the worrys they already have with the disabled child ( daughter went to school with the child )

i see them at margretsons crescent too, i regularly get abuse shouted at me from the work men

People who live in Council property are only responsible for insuring the contents and not the actual building - the Council are responsible for this as the property belongs to them.

It's the same if you rent a property with a private landlord - you only have to insure the contents and not the property.

I thought that too.

I do believe the council pay the actual insurance but its something along the lines of, if a fire was to cause damage to the property the tenant or leaseholder would be charged the annual insurance premium!

I could be wrong!?

Kier bashing again eh?

Accidents happen, always have, always will!

If it is an accidental fire caused by faulty wiring no-one is saying they should be re-charged, unfortunatley the percentage of fires in property's are caused by the parlous behaviour of the owners/tenants.

Spot on. And the council offers contents insurance that tenants can pay weekly or monthly along with their rent.

It isn't compulsory for any tenant or owner occupier to take out contents insurance, but its advisable if your possessions are worth anything.

Believe me, if you have a fire in it there will be a good chance you will be re-charged.

As someone has already said, if you didnt, what would stop any tom, dick or harry burning there flat down if they dont like living there?

Sorry, but you are still wrong - the Council OWN the building and are therefore responsible for it - the tenant is only responsible for insuring the contents.