How much do you get on the dole?

A lot of bitter people on here? A lot of idiots more like.

i agree with you on this.alot of people cant work and have to bring their family up on a pittance,a lot of single minded people on here.not everything is black and white in life.

i agree with you on this.alot of people cant work and have to bring their family up on a pittance,a lot of single minded people on here.not everything is black and white in life.

I agree. Thank you :)

Yeah. Let em starve:rolleyes::loopy:

My my what a ****ty attitude you have there.

I am currently out of work ( thanks to the goverment's cutbacks) and the way I see it is like this.

YES I get £121 a week for a place to live.

YES I get £65.35 a week in JSA>

YES it's likely that I will be out of work for 6 months so let's see that's.

£2904 for my flat and.

£1568.4 for me (A far pace from the lifestyle I have always worked hard for)

I'm 48. Single bloke. Worked since I was 16. Now for all those who think I am a "sponger" I ask you this.

This is the first time I have EVER been without a job in 32 years. And while I will be paid £4472.40 over the next 6 months WHAT about the £143,296 I have put into the system? NO-ONE seems to give a stuff about that!.

The bloody goverment put me here. Dam bloody right they can support me!. I don't begrudge anyone else for claming from a pot they put into. so WHY do you!?

Sorry but people like you make my **** turn green!

Edited by shefflive!

My my what a ****ty attitude you have there.

I am currently out of work ( thanks to the goverment's cutbacks) and the way I see it is like this.

YES I get £121 a week for a place to live.

YES I get £65.35 a week in JSA>

£2904 for my flat and.

£1568.4 for me (A far pace from the lifestyle I have always worked hard for)

I'm 48. Single bloke. Worked since I was 16. Now for all those who think I am a "sponger" I ask you this.

This is the first time I have EVER been without a job in 32 years. And while I will be paid £4472.40 over the next 6 months WHAT about the £143,296 I have put into the system? NO-ONE seems to give a stuff about that!.

The bloody goverment put me here. Dam bloody right they can support me!. I don't begrudge anyone else for claming from a pot they put into. so WHY do you!?

Sorry but people like you make my **** turn green!

To be fair I think Closet Guy was sticking up for us in that it's not enough. I think you may have read it wrong.

I totally agree with you though in respect to your other stuff. It's frustrating innit. Just have to keep positive and not let people who don't know us wind us up.

There's no way anyone could be unemployed for three years and have been actively looking for work.

What I mean't was that between the ages of 16 & 65 people should be only be allowed to claim unemployment benefits for a maximum of 3 years.

Why is that?

Having council tax paid for you is not "take-home", obviously :loopy:

:loopy:? Its the equivalent of. It is what you would have to take home in pay to be equal to . :loopy:

Why is that?

Because it is not as easy to get a job as people assume it is.

I have a friend who applied for anything, cleaner, supermarkets, call centres. (registered with most agencys around here) and it took her 4 months to get something. She applied for so many jobs (8-10 a week) that the job centre told her to stop applying because she may get a sea of acceptance letters.

To be fair I think Closet Guy was sticking up for us in that it's not enough. I think you may have read it wrong.

I totally agree with you though in respect to your other stuff. It's frustrating innit. Just have to keep positive and not let people who don't know us wind us up.

In which case I appologise to him. :hihi:

In which case I appologise to him. :hihi:

:) Easy to read things wrong on here though, that's why I think things turn into a row sometimes!

Did you watch that prog on BBC3 the other night? Something about young and jobless. Was interesting. Those between 18 and 25 are also finding trouble and having to work for nothing for months.

I'm looking into voluntary work to keep me sane :hihi:

Unempoyment is a fallacy, there are jobs out there and I'm affraid that a lot of people wont take certain jobs because they are 'below them'

So true so true

As far as I know you do not get your rent money "in hand," it goes to the landlord.
I'm happy to update your knowledge. Housing benefit is generally paid directly to the claimant unless theres a reason not to or they live in council accomodation