Want to start into photography which cam?

I have a pentax mz-m and a kodak would either of these be ok or would i need to sell them and get something else

I wouldn't touch either. I prefer digital (no messing with film). If you've got the cash, you might want to get yourself a Canon 350D - or a more expensive 550D.

If you're on a budget and you don't want to be spending money on lenses, it might be worth considering a Fuji HS10 bridge camera; excellent for beginners as they relatively cheap and are similar to DSLR.

I think the Pentax, with it having manual control, would be ideal. Yes, digital is easier... But you'll get to grips with the camera - and learn how to make each frame count for something - and photography just as well as you would with a DSLR.

Go for it!

I would definitely go with a digital. I bought a DSLR about a year ago and have loved every minute of it, and if you're using film you can't take hundreds of photos before you get an idea of what makes a good pic (would be expensive anyway).

If you don't fancy a DSLR then you can get compact cameras with with removable lenses. A friend has recently got the Sony NEX5AS and it looks good.

I have a sony a380 and would recommend it to anyone, excellent starter camera. One of my other friends has a Canon 350D and its also a perfectly good starter camera, picture quality excellent.

My choice would be to start with digital, for the simple reason that you get instant feedback on what you are doing right or wrong, rather than having to wait for the film to be developed. However, I agree with Matt that you will learn most by using it on Manual.

With a view to future upgrading I would suggest any Nikon or Canon DSLR where you can upgrade the body at a later date but still use the same lenses.

The lens are pentax 28-105 and pentax 80-200

flash pentax af220t

Why dont you just buy a Pentax digital body as you can still use the lenses you have now of you MZM....cheap way to get into digital...

Pentax make some great digital cameras at good prices too...