Sheffield housing waiting time ( ridiculous)

what is the average you have to be registred before you get offered a house we have been trying 7 years bidding on houses every week with not a single offer

what is the average you have to be registred before you get offered a house we have been trying 7 years bidding on houses every week with not a single offer

i feel for you iv'e got ten years and i can't get:( any think

i have been on 9 years bidding all the time and not a single viewing i would love to know how to get one

theres just not enough housing now they have flattened parts of most estates and built private this hasnt helped

this is why i dont agree with people being able to buy council houses- how can they justify that! I dont blame people wanting too- as they get a decent house at a decent price- but it just shouldnt be allowed then more people in genuine need could actually get a property.

Have you thought about living in a HMO?

And when your 35 you could see about getting a one bedroom flat, and maybe upgrading to a 2 bedroom maisonette in your late 40s, perhaps start a family in your 50s?

this is why i dont agree with people being able to buy council houses- how can they justify that! I dont blame people wanting too- as they get a decent house at a decent price- but it just shouldnt be allowed then more people in genuine need could actually get a property.

Agreed. The ones that really get my goat are those that bought their council houses in the '80s when they were practically giving them away, sold them at the height of the housing boom, then promptly got a council bungalow! Nice work if ya can get it! :mad:

What I don't understand is why any council should provide homes for people.. I had to save and graft for my home... Why should other people be given them???

Agreed. The ones that really get my goat are those that bought their council houses in the '80s when they were practically giving them away, sold them at the height of the housing boom, then promptly got a council bungalow! Nice work if ya can get it! :mad:

so if you had been offered a house for a knocked down price...then found out that your mortgage was lower than your monthly rent...you'd have knocked it back...most people who took this option in the 80s are either now living rent free like my neighbours or have cashed in and are now back renting again...some of us just missed the boat...

What I don't understand is why any council should provide homes for people.. I had to save and graft for my home... Why should other people be given them???

People rent them and it is a very profitable business if done right.

People are buying houses by filling them with tenants on housing benefit and using the housing benefit to pay the mortgage.

Housing benefit would be best spent by the council paying themselves on their own behalf.

Orwell was saying this way back in the 1930s. Some of us are still saying it today.

Others are abusing the system and some like you complain that people without capital and stable work cannot afford to buy their own property and should be made homeless.

We live in a funny world.

It seems only a population cull will sort our housing crisis out now. Even though the nations surplus labour could easily be used to construct a million dwellings in a year!

me & our lass have put circumstances together e.g - she's got 3 kids living with her & iv'e got 2 (access that is) and my waiting time of 13 yrs & cant get nowt at all cos of this <removed> bidding system that was brought in, there is gonna be always someone with priority over you wether it's demolition priority etc !! (sick to death of seeing the scowerdons demolition priority, must be goin on 15 yrs clearing that )

i think it should sorely go down to waiting time,

I wouldnt mind but ya get all these migrants comin over and takin the brand new ones thats built and we dont even get a look in with world war 2 era pads !!!

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Masked swearing

Not wanting to turn this into a racist thread but ...... lol, My friend works for "the archers project" which helps people who get a new home but cant furnish it, I volunteered there a few yrs back, Most immigrants are told there is a max waiting list for housing of 6 months, Now dont get me wrong some of these properties are horrible, I went to some flats at shalesmoor and they made the old kelvin flats look posh but still some gets homes in shiregreen, parson cross etc, So 2 people on here have stated over 9 yrs of trying and still not got a property??? Something is wrong there. Also if the council are allowing people to buy there council properties then fair enough but they should invest that money in building new properties, Does the council in sheffield still build properties? I havent seen any, Only private companies with private and over priced properties, I own my house and also 2 flats which i rent out, no dss though lol, I was advised yrs ago at the old egg box in town to buy because it would be easier and quicker than waiting to rent off them, Its a crazy world!