Good butchers in Castle Market

well, its giro day tomorrow, and on every giro day I treat myself to a bath and some hot food

anyone know of good stalls in the castle market tobuy some meat?

Do any of the butchers at the markets sell venison?

Do any of the butchers at the markets sell venison?

They do, but it's a little dear

Edited by Barry Bethel
spelling innit

They do, but it's a little dear

It can be bought in the hart of the market,third roe on the left near the buck.

Seriously though there are some great butcher's in the market, you just have to use your head and look at the quality of the meat. Usually the quality of display, cleanliness of staff and the product knowledge generally depicts a good tradesperson. However "one man's meat is another man's poison" boom, boom, tish!!!!%$@** Sorry couldn't resist it!

go down the slope turn right and go down the isle there is 1 oposit the egg stall hes got short white hair and is realy good he also does a christmas club you can put any amout off money into it i use him all the time.:)

micks, down the ramp 1st on your left. top quality meat everytime!

in my opinion there isn't a bad butchers in castle market. they all offer decent meat at reasonable prices and are far better than supermarkets.

in my experience the best stall is ellis's. the stall mainly sells pork products although they do some beef and lamb too. everything on the stall is fresh and nothing is frozen. some butchers on the market do sell meat that has been frozen but ellis's don't do that. the quality is excellent and i have never had cause for complaint. of particular mention are their sausages which they make fresh on the premises. they are available in various flavours and are very reasonably priced. i would definately recommend their pork and tomato or the pork, tomato and basil ones. im hungry just thinking about them.:)

in my experience the best stall is ellis's. the stall mainly sells pork products although they do some beef and lamb too. everything on the stall is fresh and nothing is frozen. some butchers on the market do sell meat that has been frozen but ellis's don't do that. the quality is excellent and i have never had cause for complaint. of particular mention are their sausages which they make fresh on the premises. they are available in various flavours and are very reasonably priced. i would definately recommend their pork and tomato or the pork, tomato and basil ones. im hungry just thinking about them.:)

I'll second Ellis's for their outstanding sausages. Great quality, great price. Much better than all the supermarkets 'finest' brands etc.

I always have a good look around for meat, go for the cut that looks the best, rather than going to one specific butcher.

I'll second Ellis's for their outstanding sausages. Great quality, great price. Much better than all the supermarkets 'finest' brands etc.

I always have a good look around for meat, go for the cut that looks the best, rather than going to one specific butcher.

me three!!!! :) Yummy pork :) x

here is an update to the list of lovely sausages from ellis's. the hickory smoked ones are fab and have a lovely barbecued flavour. the cumberland ones are hot and peppery just like cumberland's should taste. they also do an old english variety which were so nice i wish i had bought more of them. i have yet to find a variety that i haven't enjoyed and can recommend giving them a try.