A job for my cousin (where you can take a child!)

My cousin desperately wants a job! She cleans regularly at nights and weekends and has been looking for a job during the day. However, for every £5.00 she would earn, £3.50 of that would go in Nursery fees so this "back to work" scheme isn't quite working because after tax and bus fares, there is no point in actually doing the work!

Are there any playgroups/nurseries or any other jobs in S12/S20 that have childcare available with the job? Even just half day or full days! She really would like to get back to work after three children but is struggling to find something to fit in. Surely hundreds of mothers are experiencing this??? How do you get round it?

She is fantastic at multi tasking, extremely good with people, thorough and concise in any job she does and a fast learner wanting to get back into the world of work? Any suggestions? Any home catalogue/virgin vie/ann summers wouldn't be up her street as the outlay and income are not guaranteed so please don't offer those types of solution...

Thanks for any useful tips/suggestions I can pass on!

Is your cousin on benefit? Child Tax Allowance (or whatever it's called)? I thought that there was provision made for child-care by a registered child-minder for people on low income wanting to return to work. Have you tried talking to the local Benefits Office to see what help is available?

As regards looking for a job with free childminding/nurseries etc attached, I'm not sure that's viable. Any employer providing 'free' childminding would have to fund the cost themselves, and would thus be unable to pay the going rate to the mothers for the jobs that they're undertaking. No such thing as a free lunch, unfortunately!

Hi Liose

I hear what you say about catalogue companies, however, a home shopping company would be perfect for your cousin she could take her child with her, work around her childs needs and have no childcare costs. Also she sounds the perfect person for running her own business.

I work for Everyday Essentials which is a home shopping company she can be up and running immediately and for under £50.00. Again I understand what you say about outlay but if she puts the effort in this would easily be recouped in the first month (if not week!) ( If not I will personally refund her!)

We pay the highest bonuses in the industry starting at 25% with additional bonuses starting at orders over £100

If she is interested please contact me on 07739963203 or email at [email protected]

hi,loise,im in the same situation not much your cousin can do,just take bits of work as and when,

SHsheff is right if you work 16 hours+ you get about 80% of childcare costs back from Working Family Tax Credit ( it varies on number of children/hours and so on). Only job I know where they provide a subsidised (sp) Nursery placement is HSBC maybe other large companies do the same or they have the childcare vouchers which if they are acceptable you can pay your childcare provision with the Sheffield Childrens Information Service should hold more details.