Venue needed for 40th Birthday

Its my partners 40th birthday in August and we are looking for a venue that could hold 150+ people for a surprise party.

We are not looking to spend the earth but a nice hall, sports venue or a pub room would be good.

If anyone knows of any places it would be greatly appreciated.

Sheffield Transport Sports Club at Meadowhead has a large function room which would be suitable. Set in the middle of our extensive grounds we can offer you a range of catering options to suit any budget, DJ facilities and ample free parking. Call 0114 2374130 for further details, bookings are now being taken for August and September so please make sure you ring early to check availability!

Malin bridge sports and social club (also known as gas club) can easily hold 150 and is ideal for a surprise party as you can get in without going into the function room. Good prices at the bar and cheap room hire. Getting booked up quickly for this year so pm if you want more details.

Only £70 room hire - haven't searched around but have been told this is very cheap for a room this size.

Edited by DaveMitch
extra detail

The Skyline at Ponds Forge - pm me if you'd like a call from Sue our Party Queen! Great room for dancing and eating with bar and direct access to outside terrace... or call 0114 22 33 400 and ask for Sue Matthews...

http://www.ponds-forge.co.uk/Social_Events_and_Parties/

http://www.ponds-forge.co.uk/shared/files/ponds_forge_pdfs/pfhalllayout.pdf

Helen

Ponds Forge

I would recommend the HUB (STUDENTS UNION) near Paternoster Row - we have just had our xmas party there - brilliant

Concord golf club

Go to a country pub :)

hillsboro working mans club opposite kfc has got a really nice venue room my parents had their 25th anniversary party there last year i think it was only £60 for the evening

Bar 360 (West One) free hire + free drink on arrival